This Thanksgiving Dinner Meal Plan makes preparing the big meal a breeze! These recipes are tried-and-true family favorites and with our Thanksgiving Dinner timeline, you’ll be ready to host without the stress!
Thanksgiving dinner is one of my favorite meals of the year. There are so many great dishes and options to pile onto your plate. No one judges you for getting seconds (or thirds) of anything. It’s a foodie’s dream! I’ve hosted many a Thanksgiving at my house and my years of experience have taught me how to prepare throughout the week and that using make ahead recipes can be a lifesaver when you have extra guests show up at mealtime. This meal plan is full of recipes I’ve made time and again for my own family. They’re always a hit with my family and I know they will be with your family too.
Now, let’s get you ready to host Thanksgiving dinner! Download our free Thanksgiving Dinner Prep Timeline. Print it out, hang it up on your fridge, and let me walk you through the week leading up to Thanksgiving so you’re not running around like a turkey with its head cut off on the big day! You’ll be the hostess (or host) with the most when everyone digs into their food.
THANKSGIVING DINNER MEAL PLAN
Like these recipes? Pin them to your THANKSGIVING pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Thanksgiving Drink Recipes
- Cran-Apple Sangria – This easy party cocktail can be made ahead of time and is full of seasonal flavors!
- Crock Pot Wassail – A classic holiday drink that’s perfect for warming up on a chilly night!
- Orange Cranberry Holiday Party Punch – This family-friendly punch is delicious and pretty!
- Crock Pot Apple Cranberry Cider – Let your slow cooker do the work with this easy drink recipe everyone loves!
Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes
- Spanakopita Tarts – I love these tarts! Prep them ahead of time and bake when ready.
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs – Keep a snack ready for whenever your dinner guests are arriving! The crock pot keeps these meatballs warm so you don’t have to fuss!
- Onion Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball – I could eat a whole one of these by myself! Place this cheese ball out with some crackers for an easy appetizer option!
- Spinach Bell Pepper Dip – So creamy and delicious! This dip is perfect for all your holiday parties!
Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
- Mamaw’s Rolls – Every holiday meal with family includes my great-grandma’s dinner rolls!
- Sweet Potato Stacks – So easy to make and crazy good! These potato stacks can be prepped ahead of time to make your holiday meal even easier to make!
- Brown Sugar Cranberry Sauce – I love the rich, deep flavors of this fresh cranberry sauce!
- Yellow Squash Casserole – This casserole is one of my most requested recipes, and with good reason!
- Mother-in-Law Candied Yams – These sweet and delicious yams are a family tradition at my house, and I know they will become one for you too!
- Apple & Cranberry Cornbread Dressing – No Thanksgiving dinner is complete without a big bowl of stuffing!
- Cranberry Pecan Green Bean Casserole – Dress up your traditional green bean casserole with this deliciously seasonal spin!
- Cream Cheese Garlic Mashed Potatoes – These potatoes are crazy smooth & creamy and oh so good!
- Cranberry Fluff – I love sneaking this fluff onto the table as a side. It’s sweet enough for dessert and totally crave-able!
- Mini Sweet Potato Casserole – I love these individual sweet potato casseroles! Add them to your holiday spread and watch how fast they disappear!
- Baked Garlic Mashed Potatoes – These mashed potatoes are my go to for the holidays. I make everything ahead of time and pop them into the oven at the last minute!
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange & Cinnamon – Orange and cinnamon really take this cranberry sauce to a whole new level of deliciousness!
Thanksgiving Main Dish Recipes
- Super Juicy, Brined Roasted Turkey – You can’t go wrong with a big beautiful bird on Thanksgiving, and this turkey is guaranteed juicy!
- Pineapple Glazed Ham – Change things up and serve up ham instead of alongside your Thanksgiving turkey! This classic glaze will have everyone going back for seconds!
Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
- Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe – Pumpkin Pie is a must at our house for Thanksgiving and this is the best recipe I’ve had!
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake – Get your cranberry fix with this gorgeous cake! Just as good for breakfast the next morning as it is after the big meal!
- Mini Chocolate Pecan Pie Cheesecakes – Treat your dinner guests to their own personal dessert with this easy recipe!
- Honeycrisp Apple Cider Pie – My family always serve fruit pies along with pumpkin for Thanksgiving. This apple pie is crazy good and even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
BONUS: Thanksgiving Printables
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Placecards – These place cards add a personalized touch to any holiday table. Just print them out and write in the names.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Placemats – Who says the kid’s table has to be boring? These placemats are so fun, even the adults will want one!
Our favorite kitchen tools for making Thanksgiving dinner
- Roasting Pan
- Baking Dish
- 2-Quart Casserole Dish
- Pie Plate
- Stand Mixer
- Muffin Tin
- Mixing Bowls
- Crock Pot
- Thanksgiving Tablecloth
- Serving Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Turkey Platter
- Meal Prep Boxes (for sending home leftovers)
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!