Easter is early this year and the stores were full of candy, bunnies, chocolate, baskets, and eggs before Valentine’s Day was over. I have a major weakness for jelly beans and I love the Starburst flavored ones, so I immediately grabbed two bags as soon as I saw them at Target! I can eat them by the handful, but I also wanted to make something special with them. For Valentine’s Day I made Candy Corn Cookies, so those inspired me to make Starburst Jelly Bean Cookies! I found a great recipe at alli ‘n sons, but I modified it using Starburst jelly beans, and they turned out amazing! I love having the delicious cherry, orange, strawberry, lemon, green apple, and grape flavors in each cookie and each bite is a little different! I was watching Aubrey’s boys the day I made them and all the kids loved them! Her son Hayden said, “These are really good. Are you putting these on the website because I am going to want to make them!” What a sweetheart! Then we went over to our friend’s house that night and I took a bag of Starburst Jelly Bean Cookies. They were a hit over there too! I am surprised that I did not eat any jelly beans while I was making the cookies, but I definitely ate my fair share of cookies. They are addictive! Tonight we are going to another friend’s house and I am taking a bag there too. I can’t have all of these cookies at my house because I will eat too many. Starburst Jelly Bean Cookies are a great way to use the yummy little candies and are perfect for Easter!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 14 oz bag Starburst Jelly Beans chopped in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy
- Add egg, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla and mix well
- Slowly mix in flour and oats
- Stir in jelly beans (Dough will be stiff)
- Drop spoonfuls of batter about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are just turning to a light golden brown (I did 8 minutes and they were perfect for me)
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!