Can you believe that we’re nearing the END of the school year? My oldest is finishing up Kindergarten and I almost can’t believe it, time goes by so fast! And as we near the end of school, we have to keep Teacher Appreciation in mind! And today I’m sharing a cute and easy craft idea just for that – a Pencil Mason Jar Teacher Gift!
You may know by now that I’m obsessed with mason jars! They’re so versatile and make the best gifts. So these cute mason jars you can craft up in an afternoon and they’ll be perfect to fill with goodies for your favorite teachers!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tall mason jars
- Yellow craft paint (multi-surface or chalk paint preferred)
- Foam paintbrush
- Pink fabric (we used a thin pink flannel)
- 1″ polyfoam
- Hot glue gun/glue
And the steps:
- Using your foam paintbrush, paint the outside of the glass portion of your mason jars with your yellow multi-surface or chalk paint. Let your first coat dry for an hour and paint on another layer if desired.
- While the jars are drying, use the inner part of your mason jar ring to trace a circle onto your 1″ polyfoam.
- Using your scissors, cut out your circle from the polyfoam.
- Then using a bowl or other round object, trace a circle on to your pink fabric that is at least two inches larger than the outside of your mason jar lid. You want the fabric to be able to cover both the mason jar lid and the 1″ of poly foam.
- Now glue the 1″ poly foam circle on to the top of the mason jar lid.
- Turn the lid over and lay in the center of your pink fabric circle.
- Using hot glue, tack down the edges of your pink fabric underneath the mason jar lid.
- Then simply push your mason jar lid through the outer mason jar ring and there you have a cute “pencil eraser” top!
Note: once my painted mason jars were dry and cured for 24 hours, I went over them with a little sandpaper to add a little “character”.
Now add your mason jar lid to your yellow-painted mason jars and voila! In just an afternoon you have the cutest little pencil painted mason jars! Now you have a cute gift jar, but let’s be honest, it may matter MORE what you put inside! There are so many ideas, but if you make sure you get a mason jar with a wide mouth you can easily stick a gift card (or two) inside! So fill those babies up and you’ll have the cutest Pencil Mason Jar Teacher Gift around!
If you enjoyed this quick and easy craft, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more Teacher ideas, be sure to check out our collection of Teacher Gifts like our DIY Pencil Holder or Thank You Herb Gifts! Say hi if you drop by!
Leave a Reply