We all love fries and onion rings but lately there have been a lot of other fried vegetables to make for very tasty appetizers, like fried pickles, fried asparagus, and even fried avocado! I had a bag of carrot chips that I wanted to do something fun with and thought they were the perfect shape for picking up some yummy dip but I wanted to kick them up a notch. I ended up going along with the fried vegetable trend and decided on Oven Fried Carrots!
These aren’t just any old oven fried carrots, they have delicious garlic and rosemary in the breading to give them incredible flavor. I made them to dip in my Green Goddess Dip, and they were good with it but I ate a bunch of them without any dip. The carrot was slightly sweet from baking and the breading was a savory flavor that worked so well. I can’t wait to make these again!
- 8 oz. carrot chips
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- cooking spray
- preheat oven and baking sheet to 350 degrees
- beat eggs in a bowl
- in a shallow dish (like a pie dish) combine the flour, panko, corn meal, salt, pepper, garlic powder, pepper and crushed rosemary
- dip the carrot chips in the eggs and allow extra egg to drip off
- place in the flour mixture and completely coat
- set on a plate as you repeat with the remaining carrot chips
- spray the baking pan with cooking spray
- place the carrot chips on the baking tray in a single layer and spray the tops of the carrots and place into the oven
- bake for 8 minutes then flip over and spray them with cooking spray again
- bake for another 8 minutes then serve warm
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!