I love crafting gifts! There’s nothing like making something a little personal for the ones you love. A few years ago my husband received a glass coin jar as a gift and I was surprised about how much he used it; it sits prominently on his desk. So when it came to thinking of great DIY gifts we could craft for Father’s Day, I thought it would be fun to create a personalized Monogrammed Coin Jar!
I love monogramming things – maybe as much as I love mason jars! There’s just something about that personal touch – on handkerchiefs, towels and more! And with a little etching cream, it’s simple to add a monogram to glass in just minutes. I’ll show you how!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Glass jar with lid
- Etching cream
- Small paintbrush
- Adhesive stencils
- Stencil tape
And the steps:
- Choose your monogram adhesive stencils. Starting with the last name initial, center the sticker in the middle of the jar.
- Secure the stencil and protect the outer portion of the stencil with stencil tape.
- Using a paintbrush, apply a thick layer of etching cream and leave for 15 minutes (or according to directions on etching cream).
- After the time is up, wash the etching cream off the jar with water and remove the tape and stencil.
- Next, you’re going to add the first and middle initial adhesive stickers on each side of the first initial. I chose a smaller stencil so that the last name is more prominent.
- Add more stencil tape around the stencils to secure the stickers and protect the outside of the stencil.
- Once again apply etching cream and wait 15 minutes.
- Wash the etching cream off with water and remove tape and stickers.
And there you have it – a personalized Monogrammed Coin Jar in just minutes!
Now this gift is the PERFECT gift for those dads or grandpas who collect coins or have a little drop zone for all the goodies in their pockets at the end of the day.
If you enjoyed this quick and easy craft, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more easy craft ideas, check out our collection of Father’s Day crafts! Say hi if you drop by!