Light Crock Pot Tomato Bisque is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner idea you can throw in your slow cooker for a healthy meal your family will love!
Back in my college days, I busted my butt working to pay my way through school by serving at restaurants. I started out at a fantastic restaurant, Green Mill. This place has one of the best menus I have ever come across. They have so many fantastic options, it is hard to decide. I still love going back whenever I have the chance.
One of the perks of working in a restaurant, particularly as a poor college student, is the free food! While you often had to pay for a normal menu meal, you would get free soup of the day and a salad. Needless to say, that is whatI ate just about every shift!
There was a rotation of good soups, but we all got the most excited when Tomato Bisque was on the menu. Their version is full of fat, but ohhhh so good. I still crave this amazing soup to this day, so I decided to recreate it in a lighter version. Not only did I lighten it up, but I tossed it in a Crock Pot to make it to make this one of my best crock pot recipes.
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Best Dinner Recipes pin board!
- 3 cans 14.5oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 c. mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 oz. light cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan
- Toss everything in a crock pot, except the cream cheese and Parmesan. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the cubed cream cheese to the pot and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the Crock Pot until you reach your desired consistency. If you prefer a chunky soup as shown here, only give the soup a few passes with the blender. If you prefer a completely smooth soup, continue blending until it is smooth.
- Give the soup a good stir before serving and top each bowl with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
More healthy Crock Pot soups!