Your kids will eat it here or there, your kids will eat Green Eggs and Ham Snack Mix ANYWHERE! Dr. Seuss lovers will adore this salty and sweet snack!
This post is sponsored by Shamrock Farms. All opinions are 100% my own.
My kids have always been huge Dr. Seuss fans – I’m pretty sure we have every single one of his books (and they are WELL loved). When we heard that Netflix was coming out with a Green Eggs & Ham series, we knew that we had to have a watch party to celebrate!
We concocted this yummy snack mix with pretzels, chocolate, popcorn, and marshmallows – it’s a Green Eggs & Ham Snack Mix even Dr. Seuss himself would have been proud of! Looking for another snack that’s drool-worthy? Check out these keto sweet snacks!
GREEN EGGS & HAM SNACK MIX
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SNACK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I have so many fond memories of reading Dr. Seuss’s books growing up – “Hop on Pop” was the first book I ever read independently! The whimsical rhymes and imaginative characters have been charming kids and parents alike for decades.
In our house, “Green Eggs & Ham” has been an absolute favorite bedtime story since my boys were little. It even got my youngest to try eating broccoli (he ended up running around the house chanting “I will eat broccoli in a box, I will eat broccoli with a fox!” – a total mom win in my opinion).
When I heard that Netflix was coming out with a new animated series based on our favorite classic story, I got SO excited to share it with my family. I told my boys that it was premiering and they came up with the genius idea to have a fun watch party with their closest friends. And what is a watch party without some tasty snacks to go with it!?
Now, as a busy mom, I didn’t have time to make a whole huge meal for my boys and their friends. Instead, we went to Subway and picked up some of their Fresh Fit for Kids meals. Each kid got to pick their own sandwich, drink, and applesauce pouch – so quick, so easy, and so nutritious! (Plus, the kids think they’re eating fast food, so it’s a treat for them and no mom guilt for me!)
One thing I love about the Subway Fresh Fit for Kids meals is that they don’t have to get sugary soda as a drink – instead the kids picked out the Shamrock Farms milk to quench their thirst. Shamrock farms milk also happens to be branded with our favorite Green Eggs & Ham characters for a limited time!
The boys had a blast picking out their favorite character on their milk out of the beverage case at Subway. During the watch party, every time Sam-I-Am (the character my youngest son chose) showed up on the screen he “cheersed” his brother – it was the cutest!
Not only did I love that the characters were on the bottles of milk to pull our watch party together, but I loved that my boys were getting the nutrition of milk rather than soda or juice.
Did you know that milk is the #1 source of calcium and offers 8 grams of protein and 9 essential nutrients in every serving (even chocolate milk!!)? Shamrock Farms milk is especially great because they truly care for their cows and their milk has no added growth hormones like rBST. I can feel good knowing my boys are drinking what they need to grow up healthy and strong!
After we gobbled down our Subway Fit Fresh meals, out came the Green Eggs & Ham snack mix that we made that morning. It was the best of both worlds – delicious AND an adorable novelty snack that the kids loved!
Ingredients for Green Eggs & Ham Snack Mix
There is nothing better than a yummy snack mix that you can grab by the handful. It’s the perfect treat when watching your favorite tv show or movie. We really embraced our Green Eggs & Ham watch party theme and put in our own “green eggs” to celebrate Dr. Seuss!
- Square criss-cross pretzels
- White candy melts
- Green M&Ms
- Salted popcorn
- Mini marshmallows
- Green sprinkles
How to Make Green Eggs and Ham Snack Mix
- Preheat your oven to 350° – you won’t be baking very long, just a minute or two to soften the candy melts!
- Layout the criss-cross pretzels on a baking sheet.
- Top each pretzel with one white candy melt, then place the baking sheet in the oven for about a minute – you don’t want the candy to melt completely, just soften!
- Immediately after pulling the pretzels out of the oven, top each candy melt with a green M&M, then you’ve got your green eggs prepped and ready!
- Refrigerate the “eggs” for 30 minutes so that they set.
- Finally, mix your green eggs in a bowl with popcorn, mini marshmallows, and some more green M&Ms.
- Serve it up and watch your kids eat it here, there, and everywhere!
If you REALLY want to take it to the next level, you can include the “ham” part in the snack mix – cut bacon strips into 6 pieces, bake until crispy, and add into the snack mix after it’s completely cooled. It’s the ultimate sweet and salty snack! (I added bacon to the adults’ bowl of the snack mix and skipped it for the kids. They didn’t miss it and I didn’t need to worry about the extra salt.)
Our boys had the BEST time celebrating the premiere of Green Eggs & Ham on Netflix with their friends. They loved the show, loved the food, and loved the memories made. Subway and Shamrock Farms made it possible to serve better-for-you options than fast food and I know that they’ll be asking to make Green Eggs & Ham snack mix all the time now!
You can host your very own Green Eggs & Ham watch party too! Check out the great resources that Subway has to offer here. I know you and your family will have a great time!
Looking for some more snack recipes for the kids? Check out these Real Housemoms Favorites!
- 25 Healthy After School Snacks
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Bites
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Club Sandwich Pinwheels
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- More APPETIZER recipes…
- 24 square criss-cross pretzels
- 24 bright white candy melts
- 24 green M&Ms
- 2 cups salted popcorn
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup green M&Ms
- 2 tablespoons green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Layout the pretzels on the prepared baking sheet. Place one candy melt on each pretzel.
- Bake for 1 minute, just long enough to soften the candy melts. You don't want them to melt.
- Remove pretzels from the oven and immediately press one green M&M into each softened candy melt to make "green eggs".
- Chill the "eggs" for 30 minutes in the fridge to set the candy.
- In a large serving bowl, gently mix together all the green eggs, popcorn, marshmallows, more green M&Ms, and green sprinkles. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply