You won’t believe that this impressive Easy Cranberry-Almond Cream Cheese Coffee Cake starts with a can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls.
Just about every holiday season I have visions dancing in my head of my family waking up to a beautiful, delicious brunch prepared lovingly by me to start our Christmas morning. We would all sit down to a perfectly set table and enjoy breakfast together, and then clamor into the living room to sit around the tree and open gifts.
Real Housemoms TV
The reality? My husband and I are just lucky if the sun has actually somewhat cracked over the horizon when our toddler daughter and my teenage son come bounding through our bedroom door begging to go see what Santa has brought them. (Okay. That Santa part just applies to my almost three year old .) And a nice sit-down breakfast before we open gifts? Yeah, right! That would be pure torture for the kids. Patience is not a virtue when it comes to wrapped gifts under the tree.
If you often find yourself in the same scenario each Christmas morning, then this Easy Cranberry-Almond Cream Cheese Coffee Cake just might be the perfect solution for you. This coffee cake is so easy to make that you can even employ the kids to help in making it after all the gifts have been opened and your living room is left in a disheveled mess of crumpled wrapping paper, ribbons, and tissue paper. And the best part? For how easy it is to make, it is impressive, folks. It is sure to get the family oohing and aahing as you cut into this coffee cake and serve it up.
- 1 can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 cup of whole berry cranberry sauce
- 4 oz of cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cold butter cubed
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 8-9 inch cake pan or pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Separate the the dough into 8 rolls. Then cut each roll into 4 pieces. Arrange the cinnamon roll pieces in the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce and cream cheese until well combined. Spread evenly over top of the dough in the pan.
- In another small bowl, make the streusel topping by whisking together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut the cold butter into the mixture using two butter knives or a pastry cutter until a pebbly mixture is formed. Fold in the sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture over top of the cranberry/cream cheese topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the streusel topping is golden brown and the cranberry topping is bubbly. Allow to cool to warm at least 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with the icing from the can of cinnamon rolls, and then cut into 8 slices.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!