Creamy Taco Pasta Salad has all the flavors of one of your favorite Mexican foods, in an easy to serve pasta salad! Bow-tie shaped pasta, crisp corn, red ripe tomatoes, crispy romaine lettuce, cheddar cheese, ripe black olives, and green onions all come together with a zippy creamy taco flavored dressing that will leave you saying, “Ole!”
In my house, we love tacos and we love pasta, so this delicious pasta salad was a win-win for me! The boys loved it and hubby is already asking me to make it again. We are big lovers of Mexican flavors and this salad tastes just like a taco but in pasta salad form! How fun is that? I’ve even taken my love of tacos and turned it into a Taco Salad for everyday eating!
I garnished my salad with some sour cream, cilantro, and some sliced fresh jalapenos, but you can garnish it however you like! I didn’t have any this time when I made it, but I think avocados would be a great addition too. If you aren’t a cilantro fan…no problem. Leave it out or replace it with fresh parsley. That’s what is so great about this versatile pasta salad, you can add or omit whatever you like. It is a snap to make too! Just toss all the salad ingredients into a large bowl, mix up the dressing ingredients, and combine the two. This salad makes a wonderful side dish, a fun pot luck dish, or an easy meatless summer meal.
Don’t be put off by the lettuce in this salad. If you’ve never had lettuce in a pasta salad, you are in for a treat. It really gives it a nice contrast of textures! Make Creamy Taco Pasta Salad today and have your own family and friends saying, “Ole!”
- 8 oz. - 10 oz. dry bow-tie pasta or your favorite pasta shape cooked according to package directions, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 - 11 oz. can of Mexicorn drained
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 TBS taco seasoning
- 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes do not drain!
- Combine cooked pasta, romaine, grape tomatoes, Mexicorn, sliced black olives, green onions, cheddar cheese, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing: mayo, sour cream, taco seasoning, and Rotel tomatoes.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate about an hour to allow flavors to blend.
Hungry for more?