These CHOCOLATE GANACHE CUPS are chocolate cups filled with a silky chocolate ganache and topped with a dark chocolate glaze!
The holidays are always such a whirlwind of family, friends, parties, presents, and of course new recipes. If we’ve said it once we’ve said it a dozen times Melinda and I LOVE bite-size food. There is just something fun about food you can pick up and eat in one or two bites. The fact that you can eat 2 or 3 and not feel guilty doesn’t hurt either!
We usually talk about savory appetizers like mini lasagna rolls, and baked crab bites, but we don’t make nearly enough bite-size desserts. I mean if we’re going to be able to sample lots of small bites of food we need more dessert options, right? This year during the holidays we came up with a rich and creamy, bite-size dessert, that is going to be perfect for Valentine’s Day!
These pretty Chocolate Ganache Cups start with premade chocolate cups that I found at Walmart. These things are great! I made a simple ganache with hot cream and bittersweet chocolate and, after letting it cool for awhile, I poured it into the chocolate cups. Then I let the ganache cool completely and made a shiny dark chocolate glaze to top it with. The finishing touch was a bright red raspberry. Aren’t they beautiful? When you serve these decadent dark chocolate cups on Valentine’s Day your sweetie will definitely know how much you love them!
- 10 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1/2 c Heavy Cream
- 12 Chocolate Cups
- 2 oz. Dark chocolate 70% cacao
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp Warm water
- Roughly chop up bittersweet chocolate.
- Heat heavy cream in microwave until it begins to boil, about 1 minute.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir it until the chocolate is smooth.
- Let ganache cool until it is room temperature and then fill the chocolate cups.
- Place cups in the refrigerator to let the ganache firm up completely.
- Finely chop dark chocolate.
- Heat heat cream until it begins to boil.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate. Add hot water, and light corn syrup and stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Top each ganache cup with the dark chocolate glaze and top with a fresh raspberry.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!