Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket are a kid-friendly and crowd pleasing appetizer. Using only 5 ingredients, these come together in a snap!
CHEESY PIGS IN A BLANKET!
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Pigs in a blanket are a classic appetizer gracing hors d’oeuvre tables year round. Adults and kids alike enjoy a cocktail wiener wrapped in buttery croissant dough. Dip them in honey mustard, ketchup or BBQ sauce, even eat them plain, they are always a winner!
Real Housemoms TV
So what takes these up a notch? CHEESE! Add any cheese of your choice for Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket! This recipe is an excellent way to use up little leftover pieces of cheese and you can even make a variety of cheese with an assortment of dipping sauces. Some of my favorites are cheddar, pepper jack, and Swiss.
Use pre-made croissant dough, pinching together the perforated sections, and cutting into thin strips. Strips may look too thin, but remember they will bake up a golden brown and surround your cocktail wiener. If you want a shiny pig in a blanket, use an egg wash of beat egg with a little bit of cream or water, then baste lightly and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 20 cocktail wieners
- 1/4 cup cheese shredded
For Egg Wash (optional):
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cream
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll refrigerated croissant dough, breaking into 4 square sections. Pinch together perforated sections and cut into 5 1-inch strips.
- Place a pinch of shredded cheese on the edge of each strip, topping with a cocktail wiener and then rolling all the way up. Place on the cooking sheet seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining croissant dough and cocktail weiners.
- If desired, whisk together egg and cream. Lightly baste the top of each cheesy pig in a blanket and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the tops are browned. Serve with honey mustard, BBQ or ketchup sauce.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!