Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket are a kid-friendly and crowd pleasing appetizer. Using only 5 ingredients, these come together in a snap!
CHEESY PIGS IN A BLANKET!
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Pigs in a blanket are a classic appetizer gracing hors d’oeuvre tables year round. Adults and kids alike enjoy a cocktail wiener wrapped in buttery croissant dough. Dip them in honey mustard, ketchup or BBQ sauce, even eat them plain, they are always a winner!
So what takes these up a notch? CHEESE! Add any cheese of your choice for Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket! This recipe is an excellent way to use up little leftover pieces of cheese and you can even make a variety of cheese with an assortment of dipping sauces. Some of my favorites are cheddar, pepper jack, and Swiss.
Use pre-made croissant dough, pinching together the perforated sections, and cutting into thin strips. Strips may look too thin, but remember they will bake up a golden brown and surround your cocktail wiener. If you want a shiny pig in a blanket, use an egg wash of beat egg with a little bit of cream or water, then baste lightly and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 20 cocktail wieners
- 1/4 cup cheese shredded
For Egg Wash (optional):
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cream
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll refrigerated croissant dough, breaking into 4 square sections. Pinch together perforated sections and cut into 5 1-inch strips.
- Place a pinch of shredded cheese on the edge of each strip, topping with a cocktail wiener and then rolling all the way up. Place on the cooking sheet seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining croissant dough and cocktail weiners.
- If desired, whisk together egg and cream. Lightly baste the top of each cheesy pig in a blanket and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the tops are browned. Serve with honey mustard, BBQ or ketchup sauce.