I have been thinking of simple yet delicious side dishes lately. Something from the ho yum, steamed broccoli or boiled carrots. A side dish that says “fresh” and that can accompany everything from lamb, chicken, seafood and beef. These Buttery Mint Carrots and Snap Peas are it!
Snap peas are something that I never cook unless it is in a stir fry. The bright green color is easily locked in with a quick steam and then run under cold water. The carrots also won’t go mushy if you use the same technique.
Real Housemoms TV
This can all be done ahead of time and then a fast saute in butter to warm them back up. Freshly ground pepper, a generous amount of salt and a tossed with mint and you are ready to go.
I love the mixture of the carrots and snap peas together, their flavors work so nicely off one another. Plus their colors are vibrant and so pretty. I could eat the whole bowl myself with that lovely butter and fresh mint taste.
- 1 lb. baby cut carrots
- 1 lb. Stringless Sugar Snap Peas
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Generous amount of salt or to taste
- Steam carrots for 10 min. or until just tender. Immediately run under cold water. Steam in the same pot the sugar snap peas for 3 min. Immediately run under cold water. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate both of the veggies.
- When ready to serve, add the butter into a large saute pan over medium heat. When melted add the carrots and snap peas and toss with the butter. Seaon with salt and pepper and heat through. When ready to serve toss in the mint and serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!