This HONEY SRIRACHA COLESLAW is made with 2 kinds of cabbage and a creamy honey dressing with a kick. Coleslaw has never tasted so good.
I love coleslaw; it doesn’t even have to be on a sandwich, burger or hot dog. I will devour it on its own. But let me say I am very picky about my coleslaw. First, it can’t be overly dressed. If I can’t see what kind of cabbages is used, if there are carrots or not because all I can see if a white mayo dressing, then I won’t touch it with a 10-foot pole.
I love coleslaw where you can still get the tender crisp from the cabbage, yet the dressing gives it a punch of flavor. That is how I came up with this Honey Sriracha Coleslaw. Made with mayo, sriracha, and fresh ginger this dressing is to die for. I would even use it as a dip.
Everyone has their barbecue favorites and I have two baked beans with potato chips and coleslaw. What are yours?
Have great summer friends.
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2-4 tablespoons honey, start with 2 tablespoons and add the remaining honey to taste
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh or ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place shredded cabbages, carrots, green onion and almonds in a large bowl and toss to mix together. Combine the remaining ingredients in small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper. Chill until serving. Top with additional green onions and almonds if desired.
Need some more ideas for this summer’s barbecues check out these great side dish recipes.
Cilantro Lime Coleslaw