Cranberry Fluff combines pineapples, marshmallows and Cool Whip to balance out the tartness of fresh cranberries, and grapes and pecans to add a little crunch. It is the perfect cranberry dish for your holiday menu.
Do you have a special recipe that you just have to make (or ask someone to make) during the holidays? I have a few, and one of them is this sweet, crunchy cranberry fluff that’s made with fresh cranberries, crushed pineapple, marshmallows, grapes, pecans and Cool Whip. I’ve seen lots of variations of this recipe, but this is how my grandma always made it and I can’t remember a single Thanksgiving without it.
The recipe is simple and it tastes best if you start it the day before you need it so you can let the cranberries sweeten overnight. If you’re a procrastinator like me, you can add the sugar to your cranberries and let them sit for an hour or two rather than overnight. Use a food processor to chop your cranberries, and add the sugar to them, then cover them and put them in the refrigerator overnight, or as long as you can. Once they’re sweetened add chopped pecans, crushed pineapple, sliced grapes, marshmallows and Cool Whip. Fold everything together gently until it is thoroughly mixed. You can eat it right away or cover it and put it back in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
Cranberry Fluff is a lot like Watergate Salad, and can be served as a side or a dessert. Make sure you save a little room for some this year, maybe it will make it onto your holiday “must-have” list!
Take a look at some of our other Fluff recipes!
Tools we used:
- 12 oz. Fresh Cranberries
- 3/4 c sugar
- 8 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 c sliced red or green grapes
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 2 c marshmallows, small
- 8 oz (3 cups) Cool Whip (store bought or homemade )
- Chop cranberries in food processor
- Add sugar
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight (or as long as you can)
- Add pineapple, grapes, and pecans to cranberries and mix together
- Add small marshmallows and mix
- Add Cool Whip and fold mixture together until thoroughly mixed
- Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator
If you enjoyed that recipe you might also like: