The combination of sweet raspberry and tart lemon makes Raspberry Lemon Drop Martinis the most refreshing cocktail to sip on this summer!
These Raspberry Lemon Drop Martinis are made with fresh raspberries and lemon juice to give this refreshing cocktail the freshest and most vibrant fruity flavors! Fresh raspberry puree, lemon juice, and a splash of lemon-lime soda are shaken together with your favorite vodka and served with fresh garnish to quench your thirst on warm summer days!
FRESH AND FRUITY
It’s no secret that the best cocktails are made with fresh fruits and juices because you just don’t get the same fruity flavors from artificially flavored syrups and frozen fruit chunks. Raspberry Lemon Drop Martinis are the perfect example of freshness and flavor.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH RASPBERRY LEMON DROP MARTINIS
- Lemon Cheesecake – Drinks and dessert is my favorite guilty pleasure combo and these two recipes are a match made in heaven!
- Raspberry Lemonade Sorbet – Talk about refreshing, this sorbet is another must-have summer treat.
Fruit: You’ll need fresh raspberries; some to muddle with sugar for the puree and some to use as garnish. You’ll also need fresh lemons to juice and some slices for garnish.
Vodka: I love to use a Red Berry flavored vodka for this recipe. I used Ciroc, but you can easily substitute your favorite vodka.
Soda: Have a can of chilled lemon-lime soda on hand.
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY LEMON DROP MARTINIS
STEP ONE: Start by muddling 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries with 4 tablespoons of sugar to make the fresh raspberry puree. Strain the muddled raspberry through a wire mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
STEP TWO: Mix the fresh raspberry puree, lemon juice, vodka, lemon-lime soda, and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake to combine.
STEP THREE: Pour the Raspberry Lemon Drop Martinis into two glasses and garnish with fresh raspberries and lemon slices. Serve and enjoy!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- When straining the raspberry puree, press the berries down to remove as much of the juice as possible.
- I always make sure to have the soda and vodka chilled so that when I shake up the martini it doesn’t get too diluted with the ice.
SHOULD A MARTINI BE SHAKEN OR STIRRED?
A good rule of thumb is a martini made with only alcohol-based ingredients should be stirred, whereas a martini that contains non-alcoholic ingredients, like juice or fresh fruit, should be shaken. Shaken martinis get aerated, frothy, and slightly diluted from being shaken with ice which isn’t ideal when you’re after a smoother texture. This fruity Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini is perfectly incorporated after a good shake though!
HOW TO DRESS UP A LEMON DROP MARTINI
This Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini is delicious to sip, but munching on fresh raspberries makes it that much more fun to sip on! Skewer some fresh raspberries and serve them over the top of your glass with a lemon wedge on the edge. If you’re feeling super fancy you can even sugar the rim of the martini glass!
OTHER FRESH AND FRUITY COCKTAILS
- Coconut Tequila and Grapefruit Cocktail
- Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
- Tropical Breeze Cocktail
- Pineapple Rum Punch
- Thyme Berry Sparkler
- Mexican Sunset
*This post was originally posted on 04/24/2015.
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces red berry-flavored vodka (or your favorite quality vodka)
- ¼ cup lemon lime soda
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice plus lemon slices for garnish
- Muddle the raspberries and sugar together in a small bowl. Press the puree through a fine mesh sieve over a cocktail shaker to remove seeds and release as much juice as possible.
- Add the vodka, soda, and lemon juice to the raspberry puree. Add a handful of ice to the shaker. Cover and shake vigorously until chilled.
- Strain into martini glasses and serve garnished with a lemon slice and raspberries if desired.