Did someone say fiesta? These fresh and easy to whip up Fresh Strawberry Margaritas are the life of any party and the perfect way to enjoy summer!
Put a frosty, fruit-tastic Fresh Strawberry Margarita in your guests’ hands using this simple and wildly delicious recipe! Pick up the four ingredients you need, fresh strawberries, limeade, tequila, and triple sec, and a big bag of ice to make the sweet, refreshing party drink that everyone loves.
Strawberry Days of Summer
Oh summer, how I love thee. These days, you can still buy strawberries in the winter, which is amazing and so helpful to fight off the winter blues but let’s be honest, summer strawberries simply taste better. They are magical bits of fruit that bring so much summer joy, from Strawberry Shortcake to one of my personal faves, a Strawberry Margarita. If we’re having a cookout in the backyard, you can be sure that I’ve already made a large batch of these margaritas. The sweetness of the strawberries is balanced with the perfect amount of sugared sour from the limeade and rounded out with tequila and citrusy triple sec blends together for a refreshing summer drink that I enjoy for as long as possible.
Other Recipes to Serve with Strawberry Margarita
- Mexican 7 Layer Cream Cheese Dip is an easy (and easily disappears) appetizer to make that everyone can graze on while sipping their amazing Strawberry Margaritas.
- These sweet and fruity Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs are so easy to eat one-handed, which is perfect since your other hand will be holding a margarita!
Fruit: You will need 16 ounces of fresh strawberries to make four drinks so buy more strawberries if you’ll be making more than four.
Liquor: You will need your favorite Tequila and Triple Sec.
Frozen: The Limeade you will be using is the frozen concentrate found in your grocery stores’ frozen food section. Again, if you know you’ll be making more than four drinks, buy a few extra Limeades.
Ice: Make a lot of ice ahead of time or buy a bag of ice so you have plenty.
How to Make Strawberry Margaritas
STEP ONE: Start by hulling the strawberries and then place them in a blender. Puree until smooth.
STEP TWO: To the blender with the strawberry puree add the limeade, tequila, and triple sec. Then add enough ice to fill the blender with a bit of room at the top.
STEP THREE: Blend the margarita until it has a slushy-like consistency. Pour into sugar-rimmed glasses, garnish with a strawberry and/or lime and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- For a really tasty, fresh Strawberry Margarita it is best to use fresh strawberries. Frozen strawberries end up making the margarita a little too watery and since strawberries are the star of the show, you want them to be as delicious as possible, with their full sweet flavor.
- Stock up on ingredients like strawberries and limeade if you know you will be making quite a few to enjoy.
- To rim the glasses with sugar, circle the rim of the glass with a lime wedge and then dip the rim onto a plate with sugar. It’s super quick and easy to do and really makes your margarita pop!
What is the difference between a Strawberry Margarita and a Strawberry Daiquiri?
The main and biggest difference between the two is the type of liquor used to make each one. Margaritas are traditionally made with tequila and Daiquiris are made with rum. Sometimes margaritas are even made with beer. A margarita is sweetened with triple sec, while a daiquiri is sweetened with simple syrup. Another difference is that Daiquiris are a blended, frozen drink whereas you can make your margarita frozen or on the rocks, depending on what you like.
Is triple sec necessary for margaritas?
Mixing triple sec into your margarita mix does more than simply add a bit of citrusy flavor, which is why you can’t just substitute the triple sec with something like orange juice. Triple sec adds the perfect amount of sweet and bitter flavors, as well as an overall citrus flavor, to balance the tequila and make a well-rounded drink.
More Margaritas to last you all summer long:
- Chili Mango Margaritas
- Frozen Cucumber Margarita
- Frozen Margarita
- Pineapple Coconut Margarita
- Pine-Rita (A Pina Colada Margarita Mash Up)
*This post was originally posted on 07/04/2013
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries hulled
- 12 ounces limeade
- 1 cup tequila
- ½ cup triple sec or orange liqueur
- granulated sugar for rimming glass
- Strawberries for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- Add the strawberries to a blender. Cover and puree until smooth.
- Add the limeade, tequila, and triple sec to the blender. Fill 3/4 of the way with ice.
- Cover and blend until the margaritas have a slushy consistency.
- To rim the glasses, run a lime slice around the rim and then dip it into a small plate of sugar.
- Pour the margarita into the prepared glasses and garnish with a strawberry and lime slice. Serve immediately.