RED VELVET WAFFLES are the perfect way to making any morning a little more special!
I’m not sure why, but, I love red velvet anything. Maybe it’s the beautiful bright red color, the cream cheese frosting, or the hint of cocoa in the batter. Either way, red velvet makes me happy. Although, I will admit that sometimes the cream cheese can be a bit overwhelming. Not to mention that I don’t particularly like having to wait for anything to be room temperature before I can use it in a recipe. I blame it on my need for instant gratification and not being so great at waiting.
These waffles take little effort and taste delicious. I opted for a super simple frosting, just because not everyone likes cream cheese, but, you could certainly substitute a cream cheese frosting.
And, since red velvet is perfect for Valentine’s Day, you could also top them with some fun red, white, and pink sprinkles. I mean, who doesn’t love sprinkles?
- 2/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat waffle iron; set aside
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until well combined
- Slowly pour wet mixture into dry mixture and combine until moist, but still lumpy
- Pour batter into waffle iron until wells are full, about 1/3 cup per each of the four wells
- Lower and secure lid and cook until steam no longer comes out of waffle iron, about 5 minutes
- Repeat with remaining batter
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and milk until smooth
- Drizzle or pour over waffles just before serving
- Top with festive sprinkles, if desired
More of my favorite breakfast recipes…