Enjoy all the classic flavors of your favorite buffalo chicken wings in these BUFFALO CHICKEN EGG ROLLS!
I am going to say right now, I am not a fan of chicken wings. I don’t like eating around bones to get to the meat. So I haven’t had many buffalo chicken wings in my lifetime. Every once in awhile I’ll think I’m ready to try chicken wings again, but then those darn bones just get in the way. Since my husband is always compromising his love of eating at wing joints, I thought I’d make something that satisfied both his craving for buffalo chicken wings and my aversion to chicken bones. These buffalo chicken egg rolls were a great compromise!
I used a rotisserie chicken to speed up the process. Once I had chopped up all the chicken and veggies for the filling, I added blue cheese and some buffalo sauce. I mixed everything together and let it set in the fridge for a few hours until I was ready to serve them. I think letting the filling sit in the fridge allows all those wonderful flavors to combine, giving it an even richer flavor. I used 2 small spoonfuls on each egg roll wrapper and then dabbed some water around the edges to seal the wrapper closed so the filling wouldn’t come out during cooking.
We served these with some celery, carrots, and ranch sauce for dipping. These buffalo chicken egg rolls are a great appetizer and can even be a complete meal if you wanted them to be. My hubby was a big fan of these and didn’t miss the wing joint one bit.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and cover with plastic and allow to chill for a couple hours if possible.
- Once ready to roll, lay egg roll wrapper down on flat surface, add 2 small spoonfuls of filling to the center of egg roll wrapper.
- Fold up bottom corner over filling, pull in the two sides and then roll to the top point of the wrapper.
- Add a bit of water along the edge of egg roll wrapper to seal shut.
- Lay on a tray and repeat until all egg rolls are made.
- Add oil to a pan and heat until 350 degrees.
- Add egg rolls and cook, flipping over to cook both sides, until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel lined platter.
- Repeat until all egg rolls are cooked.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
One of our other favorite appetizers we sometimes eat as a meal are these baked bacon cheeseburger egg rolls.
And when we are eating appetizers, we are usually drinking something really tasty like this raspberry crush punch.