These tasty Bourbon Brown Sugar Smokies are slow-cooked in a deliciously sweet and tangy sauce that will have everyone coming back for more.
Simple and savory Bourbon Brown Sugar Smokies are cooked in a brown sugar and bourbon sauce enhanced with Worcestershire sauce for the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. This easy recipe only takes 5 minutes to prep in the crock pot and is a great way to keep your guests happy and snacking!
GUARANTEED TO SATISFY A CROWD
These snack-sized beef franks are the perfect appetizer to serve on game days or holiday get-togethers! The best part is that these saucy franks can just live in the crock pot on warm while your guests happily munch the day away.
If you love the flavor and convenience of these bourbon smokies, then try Bacon Wrapped Smokies or Crock Pot Honey BBQ Hot Dog Bites.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BOURBON BROWN SUGAR SMOKIES
- Aunt Patti’s BBQ Baked Beans – You can never go wrong with franks and baked beans!
- Air Fryer Green Beans – This healthier appetizer has a perfect crunch that your guests will love.
- 7 Layer Dip – No party is complete without the perfect 7-Layer Dip!
Franks: You’ll need two 12-ounce packages of Lit’l Beef Franks or Lit’l Smokies.
Sauce: Combine light brown sugar, bourbon whiskey, ketchup, ground mustard, and Worcestershire sauce to make this sweet and savory sauce.
HOW TO MAKE BOURBON BROWN SUGAR SMOKIES
STEP ONE: Combine two 12-ounce packages of little beef franks in a small crock pot. Add one cup of light brown sugar, three ounces of bourbon, 1/2 cup of ketchup, one teaspoon of ground mustard, and one teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Stir the contents of the crock pot together until the franks are evenly coated.
STEP TWO: Cook Bourbon Brown Sugar Smokies on high for 2 hours. Serve these saucy smokies straight from the crock pot for a party-friendly food your guests will love!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- This recipe makes enough sauce for three packages of little beef franks if you feed a larger crowd.
- The bourbon flavor compliments the sweetness of the sugar and acidity of the ketchup quite well, but it could be reduced if desired.
- I don’t recommend serving these to little ones because you may not burn off 100% of the alcohol content in the crock pot in just 2 hours.
SERVING AND STORING LIL SMOKIES
Once you’ve cooked these Bourbon Brown Sugar Smokies, you can keep them in the crock pot on warm for several hours. Hosting is a breeze with this no-fuss appetizer! If you end up with any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. To reserve, put the franks and sauce back in the crockpot to rewarm or reheat them on the stovetop.
VARIATIONS OF BOURBON BROWN SUGAR SMOKIES
Even though this recipe is super simple, there are still a few ways to mix it up! For starters, if you don’t have bourbon, you can use beer instead! Beer tends to give you a milder flavor but is still delicious! You can also use cut-up hot dogs, kielbasa, smoked sausage, or meatballs instead of cocktail weenies. Another yummy add-on I use sometimes is pineapple chunks- usually from a can to keep it simple. If you want to add a little heat, red pepper flakes are an easy way to level up the spiciness of this yummy appetizer.
OTHER SHARABLE PARTY APPETIZERS
- Ultimate Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Mexican 7-Layer Cream Cheese Dip
- Crispy Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Baked Club Sliders
- 24 ounces little beef franks (2 packages)
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Add all ingredients into a small crockpot and stir until the franks are evenly coated.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 2 hours.
- The sauce makes enough for up to 36 ounces of franks if you want to use an additional package.
- Reheat leftovers in the crockpot or on the stovetop within 3 days.
Leave a Reply