Save some space in your oven this holiday season and make Air Fryer Turkey Breast! It’s so juicy and comes out perfectly cooked!
Make a juicy and crispy-skinned tender turkey breast in the air fryer this year, so you have a little more time and space in your kitchen while you prepare holiday meals. With just a handful of basic ingredients that you already have, a medium-sized turkey breast, and your handy air fryer you can have delicious turkey done in no time.
Why you will love Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Bone-in air fryer turkey breast is easy and gives you all the amazing flavors and textures of a traditional baked/roasted turkey breast, but allows you to have it in a convenient smaller appliance.
Other Recipes to Serve with Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes – save even more space on your kitchen range by making your potatoes in the InstantPot, you can even make them in the morning and just keep them warm until you’re ready to serve
- Mamaw’s Dinner Rolls – I could just stop the menu here, turkey, mashed potatoes, and rolls; my family would be perfectly happy if this is all we have with a pumpkin pie
Turkey: You will need a bone-in and skin-on turkey breast that is about 3-5 pounds.
Butter: You’re going to use a whole stick of softened butter for your turkey. This is going to be “massaged” onto the meat so you don’t want it melted.
Seasoning: A simple combination of garlic salt, pepper, paprika, and poultry seasoning is all it takes to infuse delicious flavor into your turkey breast.
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Breast
An air fryer is a small convection oven, so because the air is being circulated all around and in a smaller space, it doesn’t take as long as a traditional larger oven to cook your turkey breast.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. Rub the turkey breast all over with butter making sure to get it under the skin too. Then place the turkey breast in the air fryer basket. Mix the seasonings together and sprinkle that all over the turkey breast.
STEP TWO: Cook for 55 minutes at 350 degrees F. The skin should be golden and crisp and have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F when the turkey is done.
Tips for Success
- Let your finished turkey rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This will let the juices in the turkey redistribute through the meat. If you cut too soon you risk losing those precious juices and having dry meat.
- You can line your air fryer basket with aluminum foil if you want to catch all the drippings for gravy or for easier clean up. Just make sure the aluminum foil isn’t higher than the sides of the basket.
Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the air fryer?
I would suggest fully thawing your turkey breast before cooking so it cooks faster and more evenly, but if you have to cook a frozen turkey breast allow at least fifty percent of the time on top of the original time, and make sure you are checking the internal temperature of the meat to determine when it is done.
How should I reheat leftovers?
I don’t always reheat my leftover turkey pieces, they make amazing sandwiches. If you want to reheat your turkey, the air fryer is a great idea. Just spray a little cooking spray on the turkey pieces in the basket, it won’t take much. Then cook for about 8 minutes at 350 degrees F. Check to see if they are warm enough for you, if not do another two to three minutes until heated through.
Other air fryer recipes you will enjoy:
- Air Fryer Chick-fil-a Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Cheesburger Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer Baked Apples
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Rub the turkey breast on the top and sides with butter, being sure to get under the skin too. Then place the turkey breast in the air fryer basket.
- Mix the garlic salt, poultry seasoning, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning all over the turkey breast.
- Cook for 55 minutes at 350 degrees F. The turkey is done when the skin is golden and crispy and the internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey breast from the air fryer and let rest on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes before slicing.