Fire up the grill and invite your friends over! These 25 BBQ Side Dishes for Summer will prove that a side dish can be just as good as the main course!
When it comes to summer grill-outs, I’m always looking for the best side dish to bring to the party. Luckily there are a ton of fantastic options. It doesn’t matter if you’re in the mood for veggies, potato salad, fruit, or something a little more traditional. These 25 BBQ Side Dishes for Summer will have everyone asking for your recipe!
25 BBQ SIDE DISHES FOR SUMMER
Love it? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Dress up your plate with these bright and flavorful coleslaw and salad recipes for your next cookout!
- Creamy Pea Salad – Peas, bacon, and cheese in a tasty dressing? No wonder this salad is the first to go at our cookouts!
- Broccoli Salad – One of my favorite summer salads! I make it for weeknight dinners and backyard BBQs!
- Fresh Vegetable Salad – This salad is light, refreshing, and has a hint of heat to bring it all together. It’s my mom’s favorite!
- Bourbon-Bacon Slaw – Crunchy cabbage and bacon taste amazing in this simple bourbon-Dijon dressing!
- Tortellini Pasta Salad – Everyone loves the pretty colors in this salad. There are never leftovers!
These easy to make and super delicious potato salads & macaroni salads are perfect easy side dishes!
- Grandma’s Potato Salad – My grandma has been making this recipe as long as I can remember, it’s the best!
- Rainbow Macaroni Salad – So many pretty colors and little goodies! This salad is always a hit!
- Loaded Bacon Ranch Potato Salad – Take your potato salad up a notch with baked potato toppings and ranch mix!
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad – So cheesy and delicious! It like eating a jalapeno popper with pasta. YUM!
- Sweet Potato & Russet Potato Salad – Mix it up! Sweet potatoes are my favorite and I’m busting them out for summertime!
Don’t forget the veggie side dishes for your BBQ! These colorful and tasty recipes will leave everyone satisfied!
- Refrigerator Pickles – I keep jars of these in the fridge all the time. My family loves them and you can make bread and butter pickles for burgers just by cutting the cucumber into slices!
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs with Fatjia Butter – Who doesn’t love a good kabob?! They’re my favorite prep ahead and cook later summer recipe!
- Creamy Cucumbers – This dish is so simple I almost feel ashamed calling it a recipe, but one bite and you won’t even care. These cucumbers are SOOO good!
- Cowboy Caviar – Perfect alongside all your grilled favorites! Sere it as a side dish or even as a dip with tortilla chips!
- Grilled Green Beans Foil Packets – I love a recipe with easy clean up when we’re grilling, and these green beans are a total summer win!
Make your grill out a little sweeter with these fruity side dishes for your BBQ! They’re loved by kids and adults alike!
- The Best Fruit Salad Recipe – So bright and refreshing, everyone goes crazy for this fruit salad!
- Ambrosia Salad – A Southern favorite! It may taste like dessert, but we’re calling it a salad to have it with our meal. 😉
- Grape Salad – I love the combination of creamy dressing, sweet grapes, and nuts in this salad!
- Grilled Watermelon with Jalapeno – Take your watermelon to a whole other lever! I do regular grilled watermelon for the kids and then add spice for the adults. Heave in your mouth friends!
- Strawberry Caprese Salad – Skip the tomatoes and grab summer’s favorite fruit! Add some balsamic glaze and you’re in business!
You can’t go wrong with these traditional side dishes for your BBQ! Make a double batch, they go fast!
- Homemade Baked Beans – Canned beans are easy, sure. But nothing beats a pot of homemade baked beans!
- Ultimate Cornbread – Give me a big hunk of homemade cornbread and I am a happy happy girl!
- Fresh Corn Salad – This salad screams summer! All the colors are so fun, and it’s delicious served over grilled chicken!
- Easy Watermelon Salad – Who doesn’t love watermelon salad?! This recipe will convert even the most hesitant eaters!
- Homemade Creamed Corn – One taste and you’ll never go back to the canned stuff again. This recipe is what creamed corn should be!
OUR FAVORITE KITCHEN TOOLS TO MAKE THESE BBQ SIDE DISHES
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Pot
- Cutting Board
- Serving Bowls
- Wooden Spoons
- Servings Spoons
- Mason Jars
- Heavy Duty Foil
If you enjoyed these recipes you may also enjoy our collection of
Main Dishes for the Best Summer BBQ Ever!
best dishwasher says
wow..the best part is that it does not much time to cook. and recipes are also easy. The only time taking is to marinate. that’s not the big deal. We can easily cook on holidays and can enjoy it with our friends. I loved it. I will definitely try this on this Sunday.keep posting these kinds of delicious recipes.