This STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM POKE CAKE is the most amazing strawberry cake, ever! Perfect anytime you’re in the mood for a delicious berry dessert!
If you love a great moist, delicious poke cake, then you’ve definitely got to try this delicious Strawberries and Cream version. This recipe is super-simple as it starts with a strawberry cake mix, and made according to the package directions. While the cake is still warm from the oven, you’ll then poke holes into the cake (about 1″ apart) with the end of a wooden spoon, and pour strawberry jam into the holes of the cake.
The strawberry jam adds additional strawberry flavor to the cake and also keeps the cake wonderfully moist. While to cake continues to cool you can then mix the cream cheese whipped topping. This topping is simply cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and a container of thawed whipped topping.
Topped with fresh sliced strawberries, this cake is amazing! The perfect dessert for any spring or summer celebration, get-together, potluck or backyard BBQ. It’s so delicious, everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
- 1 box, (15.25 oz) Strawberry flavored cake mix
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c. strawberry jam, warmed
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg, cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick baking spray. Mix cake mix, water, oil, and eggs according to package directions. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes (or according to package directions). The cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean and crumb-free.
- While cake is still hot, use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake about 1" apart. Warm the strawberry jam in the microwave (about 30-60 seconds) and stir. Pour the jam into the holes of the cake. Let the cake cool completely.
- Mix the whipped topping: With a hand or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add the milk and cream together to a smooth consistency. Add the full container of whipped topping and mix just until combined. Top the cooled cake with the whipped topping and spread evenly over the cake. Add the sliced strawberries to the top of the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
If you loved this delicious Poke Cake recipe, check out these others by Erin at Delightful E Made: