Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is unbelievably tasty and full of fantastic flavor! I love that is tastes like loaded potatoes, but without all the carbs! I was having dinner with my five-year-old daughter and she loved it too! She said that it was so delicious and asked me to make it again! I love cauliflower and when mixing it with some of my favorites, bacon, and cheese, it makes a wonderful combination! Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is a perfect side dish or lunch! I am excited that I have all the ingredients to make it again this week! We had a really busy weekend filled with a lot of baseball games and since I ate quite a few cheeseburgers and plates of french fries, I at least should get some veggies in this week. I will ignore the not-so-healthy bacon and cheese part since I will at least be getting a lot of protein, right?!?!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love our other easy casserole recipes!
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 5 minutes.
- While cauliflower steams, cream together 6 oz of the shredded cheddar, 6 oz of the Monterey Jack, cream cheese, and heavy cream
- Stir in sliced green onions, chopped bacon, and garlic
- Set aside
- Drain any liquid from steamed cauliflower and add to cheese mixture
- Stir cauliflower and cheese mixture together
- Taste for seasoning, and add as necessary
- If you want a finer texture, give a few mashes with the potato masher
- Pour into a 2-3 quart casserole and sprinkle on remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly
nutritional information via yummly