My husband LOVES Chicken Parmesan. Every time I make it for him he tells me I can make it for him everyday and he’d be fine. He’s so funny. When he likes something if no one intervenes he would eat it everyday, over and over until the end of time. I on the other hand like variety or I’ll get bored.
I’ve been thinking about what I can make for Valentine’s Day dinner. It has to be one of his favorites and it has to pass the picky eater test. We will be home with the kids so it’s got to be a crowd pleaser.
I’m doing an 8 week get healthy challenge and so I’ve been looking for meals that are slimmed down. I came across skinnytaste.com through Pinterest and have loved everything I’ve made. Gina has so many family favorites that have been lightened up and the website is so easy to navigate. I started with her recipe and then made it my own and my family loved it.
***Update*** The recipe originally posted with a typo. It calls for 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese not 14 cups!
- 4 large chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 8 thin breasts
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 1/4 c panko bread crumbs
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 T butter, melted
- 3/4 reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c marinara sauce
- cooking spray
- pre heat oven to 450 degrees
- combine bread crumbs, panko, basil. oregano, pepper, salt, Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl
- in a small bowl melt butter
- dip chicken breast in butter
- dredge in bread crumb mixture
- spray baking sheet with cooking spray and place chicken on baking sheet
- spray tops of chicken with more cooking spray
- place in oven and cook for 10 min then flip
- bake another 5 min then add 1 T of marinara to top of chicken with 1 1/2 T mozzarella and return to over for final 5 min
- serve with salad or your favorite pasta