This last week I was able to go out to California and visit my parents. It was so nice there was other family there visiting as well, including my grandmother that I miss and wish I could see more often. She lives out in Florida so when we get to see her it’s always a big treat! I’ve talked before about my Lebanese background and how it’s influenced the food we make in my family and this last week was no exception. While we had a big crowd at my mom and dad’s house we made some family favorites like Kibbeh , Syrian Rice, and Tabouli. I was in heaven and eat soooooo much. I’ve been running more lately and I’m glad I brought my running shoes so I could run and make more room for all the yummy food.
- 1/2 cup cracked wheat fine (soaked in warm water for at least 30 min)
- 1/2 lettuce we used romaine and chopped very small
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 5 green onions dice the entire onion minus the roots
- 2 large cucumbers peeled and diced
- 2 bunches of curly parsley very small chop
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves very small chop
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- soak cracked wheat for 30 min in warm water
- in a large salad bowl combine all the veggies and herbs
- in a small bowl or jar combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- squeeze out the water from the wheat and add to the salad bowl
- pour the oil mixture over the salad and toss
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!