My family loves corn and I thought this side dish would be a great one to try since it is a unique recipe. Not only is it unbelievably delicious, but it is so fun to make and the colors are amazing! My parents were visiting us in AZ and my dad was quite the sous- chef for this dish. We had a great time making this together! The combination of flavors was fresh and fabulous!
- 4 slices bacon optional
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn kernels cut from the cob
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes
- Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. When cool, chop the bacon.
- Place the kernels of corn into a large skillet over high heat, and sprinkle the cumin, sea salt, and cayenne pepper over the corn
- Turn the corn gently over with a spatula as it cooks, then stir in the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic
- Stir the corn mixture every few minutes, until it begins to stick in the pan Pour the beer into the pan to help unstick the corn, stir, and cook until the corn is dark with very dark spots, and the onion and red bell pepper are soft, about 20 minutes
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with chopped bacon, cotija cheese, and cilantro
Recipe from: allrecipes.com
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!