Looking for the perfect, festive drink for your Valentine’s celebration? You are bound to fall in love with this Cherry Poke Cake Cocktail!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I like to make sure I am celebrating properly- with a drink in hand. This Cherry Poke Cake Cocktail is red, festive, and super tasty! Usually, I love a sweet cherry juice cocktail in the warm summer months, but this drink is perfect for year-round celebrations. Serve it up alongside a delicious piece of cherry cheesecake and you won’t care what time of year it is.
CHERRY POKE CAKE COCKTAIL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINKS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Growing up, poke cakes were pretty common in my house. They are an easy to make, light dessert that my whole family loves. On my birthday, I would always ask for my favorite strawberries and cream poke cake. Now, with this Cherry Poke Cake Cocktail, I feel like I am enjoying a grown-up version of my favorite childhood indulgences.
Cherry Juice Cocktail Ingredients
COCKTAIL CHERRIES- Sipping on cocktails with maraschino cherries always brings me back to my Shirley Temple days! The good news is that you can find maraschino cherries anywhere. You can find them with or without stems and either variety works just as well.
If you are looking for the best cocktail cherries, you may have to hit up Italy. Luxardo Original Maraschino Cherries are made in Italy and imported and therefore have a heftier price tag. If you are feeling fancy though, I assure you they are worth the investment. You can find them in stores and on Amazon as well.
These cherries and juice are much darker and will change the look of your cocktail… but they taste AMAZING!
CHERRY JUICE- This particular cherry vodka cocktail calls for cherry juice straight out of your maraschino cherry jar. If you plan on hosting a larger group and need some backup juice you can also find maraschino cherry syrup in your local grocery or specialty stores. If you plan far enough in advance, you can even order it off of Amazon!
ICE- One fun way to glam up this cocktail is to invest in some novelty ice trays. Floating ice hearts can definitely add a romantic touch to this delicious cherry juice cocktail.
HOW TO MAKE A CHERRY POKE CAKE COCKTAIL
It really does not get more simple than this! This cherry juice cocktail is really just a pour and stir concoction.
- Grab your favorite cocktail glass and fill it with ice. I usually use my favorite highball glass, but any glass will work.
- Pour in your cake flavored vodka, fresh lime juice, Sprite Zero (or whatever lemon-lime soda you have on hand), and your cherry juice (or syrup).
- Stir well and garnish with as many maraschino cherries as your heart desires.
- Sip and enjoy!
THESE THESE OTHER COCKTAIL RECIPES
- Cherry Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail
- Cherry Beer Margarita
- Plum and Peach Margaritas
- Raspberry White Claw Cocktail
- Orange Strawberry Rose Sangria
- More DRINK recipes…
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS CHERRY JUICE COCKTAIL RECIPE
Highball Glasses: These glasses have been the perfect companion for all of my favorite cocktails!
Luxardo Original Maraschino Cherries: A must-have if you are feeling fancy and want only the best for your celebratory sips. These cherries and juice are much darker and will change the look of your cocktail.
*This post originally posted on 08/30/0213.
- 2 ounces Pinnacle cake flavored vodka
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 3-4 ounces Sprite Zero cold
- 1 ounce cherry juice from the Maraschino cherry jar
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Fill a highball glass or rocks glass with ice.
- Pour cake flavored vodka, lime juice, Sprite Zero, and cherry juice into the glass.
- Stir to combine. Garnish with a couple of cherries.