BBQ Pork Loin Tacos are a colorful and easy weeknight dinner. Zesty BBQ sauce paired with sweet and spicy pineapple salsa and crunchy red cabbage!
An easy weeknight recipe, BBQ Pork Loin Tacos are a delicious mealtime solution using fresh and colorful ingredients. Growing up when we had pork tacos, they were filled with slow cooker carnitas. As I’ve grown up, I’ve started to play with the flavors of my tacos more, and these pork tacos are one of the best pork loin recipes out there! The salsa and bbq sauce got great with the pork; add some cabbage, jalapeno, and cilantro for a taco night favorite! We love serving Taco Salad along side these tacos for the ultimate taco indulgence!!
BBQ PORK LOIN TACOS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
When pork loin goes on sale, I buy a whole bunch. It is one of the cuts of meat that doesn’t break the bank and is grossly underutilized. When most folks think of a pork loin recipe, they usually prepare and serve it as a roast. These BBQ Pork Loin Tacos use a pork loin that’s baked to perfection and then chopped and tossed with BBQ sauce. The best part is, smaller pork loins cook in just 25-35 minutes! The cook time is going to vary based on the size of your pork loin. Just make sure your pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees before serving.
While the pork tenderloin cooks, you can get the rest of the ingredients for your SEO TACO ready. While some pre-prepped fruits and veggies from the store might seem like they’re saving you time, fresh is best for this recipe. It won’t add any extra time to these tacos to prep yourself since you have to wait for the pork to cook anyway.
Toppings for BBQ Pork Loin Tacos
- Red Cabbage – I highly recommend buying a whole head of red cabbage and chopping it yourself. It saves money, is much fresher and can be tossed into other salads too!
- Pineapple Salsa – juicy pineapple with spicy jalapeno, red onion and bell pepper tossed in lime juice is fresh and tasty, complements BBQ sauce perfectly.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce to dress the pork. Like sweet? Go for it! Want some extra heat? Make face sweat, we support you. There is no wrong answer when it comes to the flavor of BBQ sauce you use.
While my version of this recipe calls for a pork tenderloin to be baked and chopped, you can easily adapt this recipe to pork loin crock pot tacos by tossing the pork ingredients into the slow cooker and setting on LOW for 4 hours. Once the cooking is done, you can either shred the pork with two forks or chop it up like I did. If you celebrate taco Tuesday like we do at my house, you might also like our award-winning Fish Tacos or Tropical Beef Tacos. Both are guaranteed to blow your mind!
Want more easy pork recipes?
- Perfectly Moist Pork Loin
- Crock Pot Pork Roast
- BBQ Pork Loin Sliders
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Grilled BBQ Pork Roast
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this BBQ Pork Loin Tacos recipe
Baking Dish: This baking dish is a must-have for any home cook. I actually have 3 of them in my cupboard, and each dish comes with a lid for storing leftovers or taking your dishes on the go.
Mixing Bowls: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Taco Holders: Forget about your tacos falling over on your plate or not having enough room to fill them all. This taco holder can handle 3 at a time and will make dinner a breeze!
Dinosaur Taco Holders: My boys love these fun taco holders! They ask to use them every time we have tacos at home.
- 1 cup pineapple chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno seed and minced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- Fresh jalapeno optional
- Cilantro optional
- Lime Wedges optional
- Maldon sea salt optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, sugar and Kosher salt in a small bowl.
- Pat pork loin dry with a paper towel and crust with spice mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Remove to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes before chopping into bite-size pieces.
- Transfers to a mixing bowl and toss with BBQ sauce.
- Meanwhile, prepare pineapple salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl and tossing. Set aside until it's time to assemble tacos.
- Wrap corn tortillas in aluminum foil and place in hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Assemble tacos by dividing BBQ pork, red cabbage and pineapple salsa in each corn tortilla. Garnish with fresh jalapenos, cilantro, Maldon sea salt and lime wedges, if desired.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!