Baked Parmesan Tilapia is a crunchy and tangy way to dress up fish!
We are huge salmon eaters in our house, like once a week salmon eaters. I love salmon, really I do, but sometimes you just have to switch it up. Enter in tilapia. I’ve never had tilapia before a couple of months ago, but my fiancé really likes it. Did you know that tilapia is the most cooked fish? I didn’t either and it’s because tilapia is a cheap fish. Perfect for budget conscious families. The thing about tilapia is that it has no flavor to it. You can’t just throw it in a pan with some butter and fry it up, like you can with salmon. Tilapia is a lean, white fish with a high protein content that requires a lot of flavor in order for it to be good, otherwise it just tastes like fish. Not my favorite flavor. You can do this a variety of ways, it can be a sauce, a spicy dry rub, lemon juice or you can bread it like I did. This is a super quick and easy to prepare. To be honest, this fish screams for you to do lots of crazy things to it.
Real Housemoms TV
Perfect for busy nights when you’re running late and need something uber quick. I’ll bread anything chicken, pork chops, vegetables. I think it brings a nice crunch to the dish. Breading fish is like breading chicken. Dip the fish first into the mayo mixture, then into the breading and then bake.
Have you had tilapia? How do you cook it? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this versatile fish. Enjoy! ~J
- 4 to 6 tilapia fillets
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. If doing 6 fillets you will need 2 9x13 pans.
- In a shallow dish, add the eggs and then beat them. Stir in the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix well.
- In a second shallow dish, add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and spices. Mix well.
- Dip each fillet into the egg mixture, coat well. Then dip into the breadcrumbs mixture. Make sure each side is well-coated.
- Place the fillets into the casserole dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Should be white and flaky on the inside.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!