To be honest with you, I’m not a big fan of fish but if it’s white fish and breaded I LOVE it. My usual go to is fish tacos. I love the crispy cabbage and the yummy pink sauce with the crispy fish. However, when I was in Austin, TX with my husband this summer we stopped at one of the amazing food trucks and I got the worlds largest and yummiest Po’boy!!! It was so large I had to eat it with a knife and fork. I was a happy camper!!! I decided to take fish tacos and turn it into a po’boy and I wasn’t disappointed. I mean can you really go wrong taking two things that you love and making them one? Well, I guess you could but so far I’ve been lucky. 🙂
- 1/2 c panko
- 1/2 c corn meal
- 1 t salt
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 3 T butter
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 T coconut oil or olive oil
- 4 french rolls toasted
- 10 oz angel hair cut cabbage
- 1/4 c cocktail sauce
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- hamburger cut pickles
- melt coconut oil in a pan over med heat
- melt butter in a microwave safe bowl
- in another bowl mix panko, corn meal, salt, onion, and garlic powders
- coat tilapia fillets in butter then coat in panko mixture (be sure to press fillets into mixture to coat well)
- cook in pan until golden brown on each side
- toast rolls open (optional)
- in a mixing bowl mix cocktail sauce and mayonnaise then add cabbage and toss (may want to mix another batch of sauce on the side to top with)
- lay fish on roll and top with cabbage mixture, pickles and tomato slices.
Real Housemoms TV
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!