Make getting your holiday dinner on the table a breeze this year with these 25 Make Head Thanksgiving Side Dishes! Each one is a crowd pleaser!
When Thanksgiving rolls around it’s easy to get a little stressed out if you’re hosting dinner. There are so many dishes everyone expects to have at the table, not to mention that big beautiful bird! This year we’re helping get your holiday dinner prepared with my favorite tricks, make-ahead recipes! Easy Thanksgiving side dishes don’t get any better than these 25 Make Ahead Thanksgiving Side Dishes! Each one of these Thanksgiving side dishes can be prepared ahead of time, cooked and kept in a slow cooker, or baked well before mealtime. No one will ever know your best Thanksgiving side dishes were made early!
25 MAKE AHEAD THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES
Like these recipes? Pin them to your THANKSGIVING pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I’m a carb lover and rolls, biscuits, cornbread, or crescent rolls are a must have with your Thanksgiving dinner!
- Mamaw’s Rolls – These soft and fluffy rolls are a holiday tradition at our house!
- Sour Cream Cornbread – I love cornbread! All by itself or in my stuffing!
- Homemade Crescent Rolls Recipe – Skip the store-bought roll and treat your family to homemade goodness!
- Honey Butter Biscuits – Sweet and fluffy, these biscuits are everything!!
- Make Ahead Parkerhouse Rolls – Bring home a restaurant favorite this holiday season!
I could put cranberry sauce on just about anything and this time of year I usually do! From jellied to chunky to fluffy, these cranberry Thanksgiving side dishes will hit the spot!
- Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce – Apples and cranberries are best friends and this cranberry sauce proves it!
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Cinnamon – A holiday classic that’s a must-have with turkey!
- Cranberry Orange Relish – I love the chunky texture of this relish! Serve it with dinner or as a holiday appetizer!
- Cranberry Fluff – Sweet and delicious! This cranberry fluff salad will win over everyone at your dinner table!
- Maple Cranberry Sauce – Sweet maple syrup is a the perfect partner for tart cranberries!
Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes are one of my favorite parts of our holiday meal! There is so much variety! I like to take a little of everything and make my taste buds happy!
- Green Bean Casserole Cups – Individual green bean casserole is a fun side dish OR serve ’em up as an appetizer!
- Liz’s Candied Carrots – This easy recipe make a regular appearance at our house!
- Toasted ‘Shrooms – Earthy mushrooms are always a welcome addition to our holiday table!
- Easy Crock Pot Corn Casserole – Crazy easy to make and oh so tasty! Bonus, this recipe frees up stove and oven space!
- Creamed Spinach with Bacon – Wilted spinach in a creamy, rich sauce couldn’t get any better! Oh wait, they added bacon!
It doesn’t matter if your a traditional stuffing lover or like your stuffing a little more on the adventurous side, these recipes are a Thanksgiving must make!
- Thanksgiving Sausage Stuffing – A classic combination of bread, sausage, sage, and celery everyone loves!
- Stuffing Muffins Recipe – Portion control at it’s finest! These muffins are even great all on their own!
- Make-Ahead Cornbread Stuffing – Get a jump on your meal prep with this easy recipe!
- Make Ahead Stuffing – Prep ahead of time and bake when ready. This recipe is a lifesaver for the holidays!
- Caramelized Onion and Corn Bread Dressing – This is the only dressing my picky husband will eat, and the rest of our family loves it too!
No holiday table is complete without potatoes. We always make my Grandma’s recipe, but we serve up sweet potatoes, and mashed potatoes too so there’s something for everyone!
- Grandma’s Potatoes – We make these potatoes for every family holiday meal and they go fast!
- Mother-in-Law Candied Yams – A Southern favorite made easy with this family recipe!
- Rosemary, Olive Oil & Sea Salt Mashed Sweet Potatoes – A savory combination of flavors that’ll pair perfectly with all the other dishes on your Thanksgiving table!
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puffs – Make your potatoes the day before and enjoy some extra time away from the kitchen!
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes – Classic mashed potatoes are a must and this recipe has your crock pot doing the work!
OUR FAVORITE KITCHEN TOOLS TO MAKE THESE SIDE DISH RECIPES
- Baking Sheet
- Baking Dish
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Medium Saucepan
- Large Skillet
- Muffin Tin
- Slow Cooker
- Serving Spoons
If you enjoyed these recipes you may also enjoy our collection of
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!