Slow Cooker Classic Tomato Soup a creamy, rich and vibrant soup. A traditional classic made easy in the crock pot!
SLOW COOKER CLASSIC TOMATO SOUP!
Love it? Pin it to your CROCK POT board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I love meals that are made in the slow cooker. It makes my life so much easier to have some of the best crock pot recipes, especially during the fall season with all the holiday parties, football and basketball season and the hustle and bustle of shopping. So when I make a recipe the entire family devours in one sitting, I know I have a keeper.
I made this soup with the intention of having leftovers. I thought for sure there would be enough for two meals and considering that my hubby isn’t a big tomato soup fan I knew I would have enough for the next night. Well I was so wrong. Not only did my kids all have seconds, my hubby had thirds! Everyone raved about this. In fact we love it so much it has become a constant in our meal rotation.
I love it when meals like this surprise me and the family. What are some meals that you weren’t sure would be a hit and they were? I would love to hear!
While there are so many things that can create drama or a since of busyness in our lives it is still so important to sit down together every night and enjoy a meal together. Slow cooker meals make it that easy and possible. So buy a loaf of bread to dip in this Slow Cooker Classic Tomato Soup or make a grilled cheese, either way this will be devoured in one sitting. Enjoy!
- 56 ounces Diced Tomatoes, Canned
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth/Stock
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half & half or whole milk
- Add all ingredients in slow cooker in the order listed.
- Turn on slow cooker to high and cook for 3-4 hours. If you are cooking on low cook 6-8 hours.
- Pour 1/2 of the slow cooker into a blender and blend until smooth, repeat with the remaining 1/2 of the soup. Pour all of the soup back into the slow cooker and serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.
Love this soup? Check out our two family favorites.