This one-pot Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Dinner is sure to please the entire family!
I love a one-pot dinner, don’t you? Though I am not working anymore I feel like I am busier than ever. Girl Scout cookie season has started and that keeps us out of the house until dinner time. A meal like this keeps us from driving through McDonald’s. This meal layers up real fast in the slow cooker. Whole boneless chicken breast, Yukon gold potatoes, diced red onion, a bag of baby carrots, then I add a can of Italian recipe diced tomatoes and then some Olive Garden brand Italian dressing, and a touch of parmesan cheese. Easy peasy! And you won’t believe how good it turns out! The reason is the Italian dressing, it has SO much flavor.
This will be my last month contributing here on Real Housemoms. I’ve loved bringing you my best crock pot recipes over the last year. I am working on my second book and that is keeping very busy!
Below is what the meal looks like after cooking. I like to serve it with more parmesan cheese and some crusty bread.
I hope you enjoy this easy meal!
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes cut into large pieces
- 1 red onion diced large
- 1 lb. bag baby carrots
- 15 oz can Italian recipe diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Italian dressing I use olive garden Italian dressing
- 3 tbsp. parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- Layer the chicken down, then add the potatoes, onion, carrots. Then pour over the can of diced tomatoes. Drizzle over the dressing. Then sprinkle over the parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve with more parmesan cheese if desired.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Bacon Chili Queso Dip