Invite spring to your breakfast table with this easy LEMON BLUEBERRY SKILLET PANCAKE!
I am not much of a warm-weather person. Anything over 70 or 75 degrees is a bit too warm in my opinion. But with a cool and rainy winter, I find myself very excited about spring returning. Our weather has been absolutely perfect. Sunny and warm, without it being too warm.
If only it could stay like this. I know that in no time at all we will go from 70 – 110, and long walks in the afternoon will be replaced by sitting inside in the AC.
For now, I am going to enjoy every last minute of our gorgeous spring. Starting with breakfast.
Last weekend I popped my head into Sur la Table, and the entire store was bright yellow and blue. Lemon and blueberry are definitely the favorite flavor combination for spring fever, and they make a delicious duo in this easy skillet pancake.
This easy skillet pancake is baked in the oven like a dutch baby, but with the same taste and texture of a pancake, just without all the flipping.
This lemon and blueberry pancake is the best way I can think of to ring in spring.
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- place skillet into the oven while the oven warms
- combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and lemon juice
- pour wet ingredients over the dry, mix until combined, and then gently fold in the blueberries
- pour batter into the pre-heated skillet
- bake 20 minutes
- cool 2 minutes, and then dust with powdered sugar
You may also enjoy this lemon blueberry overnight pancake casserole