Who doesn’t love an easy and quick breakfast! These Chocolate Almond Danishes are a fast fix family favorite treat that the whole family will enjoy!
I love cream cheese danishes. Looooooove them! Whenever I go to a bakery I’m always leaving with one….or four, who’s counting right? But that money can add up, so I figured that I would start making them at home to save me a few extra bucks that could go towards other things like….cake. Because yeah, we all know that’s an addiction right? Anyways, Like I’m good at I love giving things new and updated twists and chocolate almond is one of my absolute favorite flavor profiles. So it was only right to combine those two flavors and create these Chocolate Almond Danishes right? Yeah, I thought so.
CHOCOLATE ALMOND DANISHES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
When something has chocolate in the title, my kids are more likely to eat it. I guess they get that from their mom because I’m exactly the same way….what did someone say chocolate? Yeah if you don’t know my name, just say chocolate and I’m sure you’ll get my attention!
These bad boys are made with a base of puff pastry! The filling is super simple using only cream cheese, sugar, chocolate and almond extract. Let me tell you something, almond extract is one of the greatest things ever made. Not only does it give the most amazing flavor, the smell is to die for. My husband will often see me sitting around with a bottle of it up to my nose because I’m weird like that.
So if you’re wanting to give your breakfast a fun updated twist, these Chocolate Almond Danishes are hands down a winning treat! Besides being an adult favorite the kids just flocked to these puppies as well, so that’s telling you something right?
Want more breakfast pastries?
- Peach Cream Cheese Danish
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Lemon Cream Cheese Danish
- Blueberry Almond Turnovers
- Mamaw’s Cinnamon Rolls
- More breakfast recipes…
Tools used to make this Chocolate Almond Danish recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roll you thawed puff pastry out into a 12"x9" rectangle and cut into 9 smaller rectangles.
- Place each on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- With a knife score a border around the edge of each piece leaving about a 1/2" rim.
- With a fork, prick the middle about 5-6 times on each piece.
- Whisk together your egg and water and brush on the outside of each piece, set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together your cream cheese, extract and sugar until combined.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl, add your chocolate chips and heavy cream and heat in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds until your chocolate is smooth after stirring.
- Add your chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and stir. Add more or less extract as you like your almond flavoring.
- Dollop about 2 Tbs or more chocolate cream cheese in the center of each puff pastry.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Let cool.
- In another bowl whisk together your glaze ingredients.
- Sprinkle your danishes with sliced almonds then drizzle your glaze over each.