Tender and juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast is perfect on its own or added to salad, tacos, and soups for an easy main dish!
Easily make a delicious and juicy chicken breast in your air fryer in a few minutes. You can add this tender chicken to all kinds of dishes and recipes or enjoy it as the main dish for dinner this week with some tasty vegetables and rolls.
Your family will love air fryer chicken without breading just as much as they love getting chicken from a local restaurant, and you will enjoy the easy clean-up with your air fryer and quick cooking time.
Other Recipes to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Cheesy Bacon Oven Potatoes – bring tons of flavor and fun to the table with this cheesy and salty bacon side dish
- Roasted Asparagus – a traditional side dish with easy prep and plenty of flavor
Chicken: You will need 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts, which should be about 1 pound. If you prefer bone-in, skin-on breasts you can use that too. Just watch the internal temperature of the chicken since the cooking time will increase.
Marinade: I like to use olive oil or avocado oil since they have a high smoke point. Then Add in Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper and you’re set. If you don’t want your chicken spicy at all, you can use black pepper instead of cayenne.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Breast
STEP ONE: Use paper towels to dry the chicken breasts. This will help the oil and seasonings stick better. Prepare the marinade in a big bowl.
STEP TWO: Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and toss to coat in the marinade evenly.
STEP THREE: Place the chicken breasts into the air fryer basket. It’s okay to place the chicken a bit tight in your air fryer, it will shrink when cooked. Cook at 360 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Let the chicken rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for Success
- Cooking time varies based on the thickness of your chicken breasts. To avoid overcooked and dry meat use a thermometer placed into the thickest part of the meat and cook until a temperature of 165 degrees F has been reached.
- To help the chicken to cook more evenly, you can pound the thicker end of the beast until it has a uniform thickness all around. Just put the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and grab a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- To enhance the flavor of your chicken, let the meat marinate at least 1 hour or overnight in the bowl, tightly coevered in plastic wrap in the fridge.
- You can use garlic or chili oil too if you want to play around with the herbs and spices.
What should I do with the leftovers?
You can keep cooked chicken breasts in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days. This chicken is delicious on salads and in soups and tacos. You can reheat the chicken in the air fryer using the same temp and only cook until heated through, I would add a little cooking spray to the chicken before air frying again, but this is a great way to reheat leftovers.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Will Enjoy
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Air Fryer Parmesan Zuccchini
- Air Fryer Pork Loin
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Pat the chicken dry using paper towels and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the chicken to the seasoned oil and toss to coat. Place the chicken breasts into the air fryer basket. (It's okay to place the chicken a bit tight in your air fryer, it will shrink when cooked.)
- Cook at 360 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. (see note)
- Remove chicken from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cooking time varies slightly based on the thickness of the chicken breasts. To avoid overcooked and dry meat use a thermometer placed into the thickest part of the meat and cook until a temperature of 165 degrees F has been reached.
- To help the chicken cook more evenly you can pound the thicker end until the thickness is the same across each breast.