This veggie cheesy bread has been making an appearance at various family events since I was about eleven. My mom has been making it and I have been loving it! It’s such a simple recipe and so crazy good that you will be making it all the time. It’s sort of a cross between garlic bread, cheese bread, french bread pizza, and a sandwich. Who wouldn’t love that! That is one reason that this is the perfect app for a gathering. You can prepare this and wrap in the foil and then stick it in the fridge until the day of the party. It should be able good in the fridge for a day or two and then you can just toss it in and bake it just before the party. I love prepping for a party with as many make ahead dishes as possible. It’s perfect for your Memorial Day party coming up. What plans do you have?
- 1 large loaf of french bread
- 1/2 c butter 1 stick, softened
- 2 T basil dried
- 2 T oregano dried
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 c red onion chopped
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese shredded
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- slice bread horizontally as if making a sandwich
- in a small bowl combine butter, basil, oregano and garlic
- spread on both halves of the bread leaving a little behind to spread on the top later, about 1 tablespoon
- spread a layer of cheese over the bottom half of the bread then a layer of the chopped veggies, more cheese, veggies and the last of the cheese
- place the top on and spread the remaining butter on the top crust of the bread
- wrap bread completely with foil and bake for 30 min
- allow it to cool for 5 to 10 min then slice
Real Housemoms TV
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!