Skinny Sparkling Mint Pineapple Lemonade is light, refreshing and will quench your thirst for a tropical drink!
Confession, when I was little, lemonade ran through my veins. Country Time Lemonade was a staple and I was always asking to have a tall glass poured for me. Now, in my old ripe age of 29, I love adding a creative spin to my summer time favorite. But not to mention, creative recipes that are still a synch to whip up! After all, I am just minutes away from lounging pool side munching on some snacks and soaking up the sun!
The base of this recipe is fruity pineapple juice and light lemonade. A bit tropical, a bit traditional! If you really want to be fancy, puree a fresh pineapple! Which is what I did, and let me tell you. The flavor is not even comparable to the canned pineapple juice! But if you are in pinch or when pineapple isn’t in season, canned will work but I love going the fresh route whenever possible!
After a quick mix of the two juices, right into the pitcher, top with sparkling water. I have a secret love with sparkling water. With one ingredient, your drink goes from so-so, to spectacular! Once all combined, pour into ice filled glasses, garnish with a good squeeze of lime juice and a few mint leaves. And just like that, you have yourself a tropical refresher!
- 2 cups fresh pineapple juice or a fresh pineapple diced
- 2 cups light lemonade such as Crystal Light
- 2 cups lime sparkling water such as La Croix
- For Garnish:
- Lime wedges
- Mint leaves
- If using a fresh pineapple, add the pineapple to a blender and puree well.
- Measure out 2 cups.
- In a pitcher, combine the pineapple juice and light lemonade. Stir to mix well. Add sparkling water and gently stir.
- In 4 medium glasses filled with ice, add the pineapple lemonade.
- Garnish with lime wedges and mint leaves.