Savory Goat Cheese and Honey Bites are the perfect addition to your next gathering. Flaky pastry topped with creamy goat cheese, sweet honey and thyme make an easy and delicious appetizer!
If you’re like me, you adore recipes that are easy, taste amazing and please just about everyone. Trust me, this is one of those…just like my crab cake recipe or baked brie. Who has time to fuss over a hot stove or oven for hours at a time? If you want an exceptional tasting, simple appetizer you have to try these Goat Cheese and Honey Bites.
GOAT CHEESE AND HONEY BITES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
Seriously, so easy! By using puff pastry, you get a light and flaky crust topped with creamy goat cheese followed by sweet honey and a sprinkle of thyme. All the flavors come together perfectly and look amazing plated up for your guests!
How fun would it be to sip some white wine and enjoy these bites outdoors this summer?
You’ll wonder how a recipe with 4 ingredients, that can be whipped up in about 15 minutes, can taste so good and look so elegant! Your friends will think you’re oh-so-fancy 🙂
Little do they know it takes just a minute to cut out the pastry rounds and prep them for the oven!
Tips for Making Goat Cheese and Honey Bites
- This recipe can be halved for a small party. Use just 1 sheet of dough.
- Don’t forget to push the center of each round down. If you don’t, the pastry will puff up and you may lose your cheese!
- These bites are best served warm out of the oven, so plan accordingly.
Want more goat cheese recipes?
- Tomato Arugula Goat Cheese Frittata
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese Ball
- Goat Cheese Chicken Penne
- Asparagus & Goat Cheese Tart
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Goat Cheese and Honey Bites recipe
Rolling pin: I’ve always preferred a French style rolling pin and this rolling pin has never let me down. Perfect for flattening anything and works easily with spacers for the perfect thickness.
Biscuit cutter: These biscuit cutters are great! The plastic handles and 3 different size options make sure I get the perfect biscuits every time!
Silicone mat: I use a silicone mat on my baking sheet practically everytime I bake. The mat makes for easy cleanup and my foods don’t stick to the pan.
Baking sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
- 1 package puff pastry thawed according to package directions
- 6-8 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Place the thawed puff pastry sheets on a cutting board and open into a flat rectangle. Roll out the sheets a little to flatten them. Using a 2-inch circle cookie or biscuit cutter (or the rim of a small glass), cut rounds out of the dough.
- Transfer the cut pastry rounds to parchment-lined (or silicone mat lined) baking sheets and then gently press your thumb into the center of each one.
- Place 1 teaspoon of goat cheese in the indentation of each round. Bake at 400°F until the pastry is flaky and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- When baking sheets come out of the oven, wait 2 minutes, then drizzle each piece with honey and garnish with a pinch of chopped fresh thyme. Enjoy!
Enjoy these savory bites year round because they go perfectly with summer or winter fare. Here’s to entertaining and enjoying good food with friends!
If you love great tasting, easy appetizers, you might like this Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread.
Or this Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Dip.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!