Spice up your Fall with this tasty Pumpkin Spice Margarita that’s shaken with pumpkin puree and your favorite tequila!
This sweet and spicy Pumpkin Spice Margarita is the perfect drink to sip while you transition from Summer to Fall! This simple, shaken margarita combines all the best flavors of the season into a unique cocktail that you’ll adore.
PUMPKIN SPICE FOR GROWN UPS
When the pumpkins come rolling back into our lives every year, albeit earlier and earlier, I get so excited- until I remember that most days still feel like summer outside! That’s why this chilly, fall treat is the perfect way to ease yourself back into the season!
If the weather permits, you might also enjoy a Warm Pumpkin Spice Cocktail or a Warm Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH A PUMPKIN SPICE MARGARITA
- Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate – For any younger pumpkins looking to celebrate the Fall, this non-alcoholic hot chocolate is a perfect alternative.
- Classic Pumpkin Roll – This festive and fun Pumpkin Roll is a perfect dessert to have on hand when serving up your favorite fall flavors.
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts – These grab-and-go treats are perfect for entertaining!
Alcohol: Grab your favorite tequila and a splash of Cointreau (Grand Marnier or triple sec). I usually use silver tequila, but gold tequila would work just fine too.
Produce: You’ll need fresh lemons and lime for juicing.
Pumpkin Spice: This margarita gets its pumpkin spice flavor from pumpkin puree and cinnamon.
Garnish: Garnish with an orange slice, cinnamon stick, and cinnamon sugar.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE MARGARITAS
STEP ONE: Dip the rim of a margarita glass into some lemon juice and then into cinnamon sugar. Set that aside while you make your cocktail.
STEP TWO: Start by adding some ice to a cocktail shaker. Then pour in the lime juice, lemon juice, tequila, pumpkin puree, and Cointreau. Then pop the lid on the shake and shake that bad boy until your hands feel cold.
STEP THREE: Strain the margarita into the prepared glass. To finish things off, top your cocktail with a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and garnish with an orange slice and cinnamon stick.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Pour your Pumpkin Spice Margarita over ice to keep it cool while you sip.
- Get fancy and rim your glass with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and sugar mix for some added sweetness.
BEST TEQUILA FOR A PUMPKIN SPICE MARGARITA
I’ve spent many years learning not to cheap out on my tequila. Since tequila is the star of any margarita, it’s important to use a good one! I recommend using a Blanco, or silver, tequila for a clean flavor. I usually use Casamigos or Don Julio, but I never say no to Patrón!
BEST PUMPKIN PUREE FOR A PUMPKIN MARGARITA
I always use Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin puree. Make sure not to confuse unsweetened, pumpkin pie puree with sweetened pumpkin pie filling.
OTHER FALL SEASONAL SIPS
- Cinnamon Mocha Iced Coffee
- Bourbon Pumpkin Milkshake
- Homemade Vanilla Chai Mix
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Drunken Pumpkin Mocha
- Pumpkin Ginger Shandy
*This post was originally posted on 10/11/2013.
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 0.5 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- Cinnamon sugar for garnish
- Orange slice cut in half, for garnish
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Dip the rim of a margarita or cocktail glass into some lemon juice and then into cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker until it's about halfway full.
- Pour in the lime juice, lemon juice, tequila, pumpkin puree, and Cointreau. Cover the shaker and shake vigorously until your hands get cold (about 30 seconds).
- Carefully strain the margarita into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with half of an orange slice, a cinnamon stick, and a pinch of cinnamon on top of the margarita. Serve immediately.
singapore food blog says
i tried it! Is really nice and my family love it! Thanks friend!
Aubrey Cota says
Bookmarking this for when autumn gets here! Love this recipe and can’t wait to try it.
Shaken One says
I guess it’s that time of year when everything pumpkin flavored is in abundance. I’ll have to make one of these for my wife since she is the pumpkin fan in the house. Me, not so much.