Nutty Triple Chocolate Cookies are soft and chewy cookies made with THREE types of chocolate, along with your favorite nut butter (peanut, almond, sunflower seeds–you name it!). With the perfect crunchy edges, and soft, gooey center, these will be a hit at your next cookie swap! And shhh: they’re vegan, gluten-free and healthier than ya think!
I don’t know what I love more: presents or cookies. I think that’s why I’m so dang obsessed with the holiday season because my two favorite things are presents and cookies. Have you ever read that book The Five Love Languages? Mine is gifts which, at first, made me feel like a total tool, but the more I thought about it, I just realized that I LOVE finding the perfect gift, and I feel loved when people spend the time, energy and thought finding me the perfect gift. My poor husband…I am always asking him for “surprises” and he is left to figure out exactly what that means. I never said I was simple. 😉
Okay, let’s chat about these cookies. First of all…chocolate. They give you the ultimate chocolate fix with 3 types of chocolate: cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and a chocolate nut butter. Because you can never have too much chocolate.
Now for the chocolate nut butter, you have tons of options. I used dark chocolate Nuttzo, but I’m also in love with PB&Co’s dark chocolate dreams, and I’ve had some bomb dark chocolate almond butter from Trader Joe’s. Orrrr if you’re weird and don’t require chocolate in bulk amounts 24 hours a day, you can use regular old peanut butter.
And SURPRISE! These cookies have NO butter or oil and they are vegan, gluten-free AND whole grain! I promise you and your friends/family will never know because they taste so decadent, and a healthier cookie means you get to eat more of them, right? Or at least that’s my logic. 😉
Don’t miss these other great cookie recipes!
- 1 cup gluten-free baking blend or white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 cup chocolate nut butter peanut, almond, etc.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and corn starch. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the apple butter, nut butter, sugars, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in dry ingredients until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large cookie sheets with silpat or parchment paper. Roll dough into 1" balls, then transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are just set, about 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool completely on cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!