Monterey Chicken is my new favorite chicken dish. All of the ingredients taste awesome together! I love anything that has bacon and cheese, but the addition of barbeque sauce, green onions, tomatoes, and chiles took this chicken to a whole new level. What a fabulous combination! I made it when my parents were here visiting and everyone, including the kids, loved it! I always plan out a menu when my family comes. I had a huge bag of chicken from Costco, so I went on a search for something new to make with it and came across this amazing recipe for Monterey Chicken at Bakerlady.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon pieces
- 1 cup cheddar/monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 4 oz can green chiles
- sliced green onions
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pound out chicken breasts to flatten
- Season with salt and pepper
- Over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet, grill chicken until no longer pink (be careful not to overcook it) and place on baking sheet covered with foil
- Combine tomatoes and chiles in a bowl
- Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon barbeque sauce, 1/8 c. cheese, 1/8 c. tomatoes/chilies, green onions and one tablespoon of bacon pieces
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (5-10 minutes)
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!