Monterey Chicken is my new favorite chicken dish. All of the ingredients taste awesome together! I love anything that has bacon and cheese, but the addition of barbeque sauce, green onions, tomatoes, and chiles took this chicken to a whole new level. What a fabulous combination! I made it when my parents were here visiting and everyone, including the kids, loved it! I always plan out a menu when my family comes. I had a huge bag of chicken from Costco, so I went on a search for something new to make with it and came across this amazing recipe for Monterey Chicken at Bakerlady.
More of our favorite chicken dinners!
- Cheddar Bay Chicken Bake
- Super Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- More dinner recipes…
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon pieces
- 1 cup cheddar/monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 4 oz can green chiles
- sliced green onions
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pound out chicken breasts to flatten
- Season with salt and pepper
- Over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet, grill chicken until no longer pink (be careful not to overcook it) and place on baking sheet covered with foil
- Combine tomatoes and chiles in a bowl
- Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon barbeque sauce, 1/8 c. cheese, 1/8 c. tomatoes/chilies, green onions and one tablespoon of bacon pieces
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (5-10 minutes)
Real Housemoms TV
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!