Crock Pot Pumpkin Chicken Chili is a family-friendly slow cooker recipe made for fall. Canned pumpkin gives the chili a creamy feel while sneaking in some extra veggies!
Hey, friends! Today I’m sharing with you one of my best crock pot recipes. This time of year I’m big on everything pumpkin (aren’t we all?!) and chili is no exception. When you add it to chili, it gives the chili a creamy feel that is so extra delicious. Think of butternut squash soup and you’ll know what I mean.
BTW: If you like healthy, delicious, and easy to make recipes (like this one!) make sure you sign up to so you can get the recipes via email. And just for signing up I’ll send you my cookbook for free, too. 🙂
So this crock pot pumpkin chicken chili. You guys, will you promise me you’ll make it? It’s one of the rare crock pot chicken recipes that you can leave for 8-10 hours. What’s up with most of them being 4 hours? Like hello, most of us work for 8 hours!
Aaaanyway, I love that the chicken becomes so tender that pulls apart and winds itself around all the veggies so you’re not stuck with big chunks of chewy chicken (ewww) but rather tender pieces that totally work in the chili.
This is also excellent as leftovers (as most chili is) and freezes very well. I’ll often make a double portion and pop half in the freezer for those days when I’m hungry, tired and haven’t thought ahead about what to make for dinner.
This recipe is a bit of a mash-up of two of the recipes on The Endless Meal: Chipotle Bourbon Pumpkin Chili and Smoky BBQ Bourbon Crock Pot Chicken Chili. You can see both of those recipes here. While you’re there, you might notice that I have a bit of a chili obsession!
More of our favorite cold-weather comforting soups!
- Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Classic 30 Minute Chili Recipe
- Clam Chowder
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- More dinner recipes…
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each: cumin smoked paprika, oregano, and sea salt
- 42 ounces kidney beans 3-14oz cans drained and rinsed
- 14 ounce can pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Optional garnishes: cheese yogurt or sour cream, green onions, cilantro, lime, chili powder, chili flakes
- Combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the chicken, corn, and garnishes in your crock pot. Mix together well then nestle the chicken on top. Set your crock pot to low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the crock pot and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Shred using 2 forks, then return the pulled chicken to the crock pot. Add the corn and stir well.
- Let the chili sit for a few minutes so the corn warms through, then serve with any or all of the optional garnishes.