Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is a sweet dip full of chocolate and rich cheesecake flavors that is perfect for entertaining guests of all ages!
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is quick to make and loaded with everyone’s favorite flavors, from chocolate chips to cream cheese and crunchy bits of pecans! Whipping up cream cheese, sugar, chocolate chips, and vanilla takes only minutes and once this cheese ball has been chilled and covered with more chocolate and pecans, it’s ready to bring all the delicious fun to the party!
Having a Ball
Treats that can be made quickly are great for convenience, and when it comes to Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball, I love that they’re quick to make and devour! Grown-ups love the chocolate and cheesecake flavors while kids, who also love the flavors, love that it looks like a bit of a fancy dessert that they totally get to chow down on. This sweet cheese ball is a great treat to make ahead of time and I always make sure to have enough vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and apple slices on hand to ensure lots of delicious dipping.
Cheesecake is a dessert everyone loves and with dips like Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff and White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip, you can easily deck your treat table with something everyone will rave about!
Other Recipes to Serve with Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Adults get to have fun at parties too and what’s more fun than a Chocolate Chip Cookie Hot Chocolate Bomb loaded with RumChata?!?
- Chocolate and nuts are simply an unbeatable combination, so give the family and the crowd what they want and whip up an easy batch of Toffee Peanut Clusters!
Refrigerated Items: To make this sweet cheeseball, you will need softened cream cheese and softened unsalted butter.
Pantry Items: Set out icing sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract. You will also need semi-sweet mini chocolate chips and finely chopped pecans.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
STEP ONE: Using a stand mixer or a large bowl with beaters, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and beat until well-mixed.
STEP TWO: Add the mini chocolate chips and pecans to the bowl and mix well. Cover and chill the cheese ball mixture for about 2 hours or until firm.
STEP THREE: Once firm, scoop the cheese ball mix onto a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap it tightly, shaping it into a ball. Refrigerate the ball until chilled, about 1 hour.
STEP FOUR: Sprinkle 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips onto a platter and place the unwrapped cheese ball in the middle of the chocolate. Roll the ball lightly through the chips and then carefully press more chocolate chips on the cheese ball.
STEP FIVE: Serve the chocolate cheese ball immediately with your choice of sweet dippers!
Tips for Success
- Be sure to set the cream cheese and butter out to soften beforehand. The ingredients shouldn’t be melted but soft enough to mix easily.
- Full-fat cream cheese is recommended for this recipe because the cheese ball holds its shape better. If you choose to use a low-fat, Neufachtel, or non-fat cream cheese, the ball may not stay formed, which is fine, but you may need to serve the cheese ball in a bowl instead.
- Be sure to give the cheese ball plenty of time to chill. The time in the fridge helps the ball develop the sweet flavors and, of course, firm up enough to hold its ball shape! If you think you might be short on time, go ahead and make this the day before- it stores incredibly well.
- Store this cheese ball covered in the fridge for up to a week or freeze it for up to a month. When ready to enjoy the cheese ball, allow it to thaw in the fridge.
What other ingredients can I add to this cheese ball?
Cream cheese, chocolate chips, and pecans are a pretty magical combination, but there’s no reason why you can’t add more of your favorite treats! Peanut butter chips, toffee chips, or butterscotch chips are all popular additions to include or use instead of chocolate chips. If you don’t care for pecans, then you can substitute your favorite nuts, like almonds or walnuts, or leave them out altogether. The key to adding any ingredients to this cheese ball is to make sure they are small enough to get the perfect bite containing each flavor with every dip!
What do I serve with a Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball?
Vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and apple slices are popular choices to serve with most dessert cheese balls. Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is firm but scoopable, so you’ll want sturdy dippers or a cheese knife for folks to cut into the cheese ball. Other tasty dipping choices include animal crackers, Teddy Grahams, or Biscoff cookies. Cinnamon and sugar pita or tortilla chips are fun options as well. Have as much fun picking out what to scoop this delicious cheese ball with as you eat it!
More Ways to Party With Cheesecake!
- Cheesecake Balls
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ball
- Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff Bites
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Pistachio Cheesecake Dip
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a medium mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Stir in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and the chopped pecans.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Transfer the cheese ball mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap and shape it into a ball. Wrap the plastic wrap around the cheese ball and chill for 1 hour.
- Spread the remaining mini chocolate chips out on a pie plate or shallow bowl. Unwrap the cheese ball and roll it around on the chocolate chips to coat the outside. Use your hands to help press chocolate chips into any gaps as needed.
- Transfer the cheese ball to a serving plate and surround with graham cracker sticks and Nilla wafers for dipping.