This light, fluffy, and creamy Blueberry Lasagna Dessert is the perfect sweet indulgence to cool down with this summer!
This easy-to-prep Blueberry Lasagna Dessert is made up of four delicious layers that come together beautifully to create the best summer treat! You’ll be blown away by layers of cream cheese, blueberry filling, and whipped cream sitting on top of a buttery graham cracker crust and topped with elegant white chocolate curls.
BETTER THAN PIE!
I don’t take this statement lightly as I am a huge blueberry pie fan, but I stand by my opinion that this Blueberry Lasagna Dessert is better than pie! This chilled treat is the best summer dessert option for hot days!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BLUEBERRY LASAGNA
- Fruit Salsa – If you’re entertaining this summer, this fresh fruit salsa is always a popular snack!
- Berry Avocado Grilled Chicken Salad – This light and fresh grilled chicken salad is a perfect entree to follow up with a slice of Blueberry Lasagna.
- Peach Raspberry Lemonade – Complete your summer menus with the perfect glass of lemonade!
Crust Layer: To make the crust, combine 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup of light brown sugar and 1/2 cup of melted, unsalted butter.
Cream Cheese Layer: This delectable layer consists of two bricks of cream cheese, 1/2 tub of Cool Whip, 1 cup of powdered sugar, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Blueberry Layer: This layer is by far the easiest because you just need two cans of blueberry pie filling.
Whipped Cream Layer: The top layer of this lasagna consists of 1 1/2 tubs of Cool Whip. You can also top this layer with some white chocolate curls for a beautiful garnish.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BLUEBERRY LASAGNA DESSERT
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and greasing a 9 x 13 pan. Next, in a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, light brown sugar, and melted butter. Mix the ingredients together until they are damp and place them into the greased pan, pressing the layer firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake the crust for 12 minutes, remove and allow it to completely cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes.
STEP TWO: Next, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer for about 3 minutes or until it is smooth. Add the Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and lemon juice into the cream cheese and mix it well for another 3 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally. Spoon and spread the cream cheese filling layer onto the cooled crust layer.
STEP THREE: Now spread the blueberry pie filling evenly over the top of the cream cheese layer. Don’t press too hard or you’ll mix the filling into the cream cheese layer.
STEP FOUR: Carefully spread the remaining Cool Whip over the blueberry layer and place the finished Blueberry Lasagna Dessert into the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
STEP FIVE: Once chilled, garnish this dessert lasagna with white chocolate curls or chips, cut, and serve!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Make sure the Cool Whip is thawed before using it for this Blueberry Lasagna recipe.
- Don’t have Cool Whip available? That’s okay. You can make homemade cool whip instead.
- Don’t like blueberries? You can easily substitute the blueberry pie filling for any other fruit filling you prefer.
HOW TO STORE BLUEBERRY LASAGNA DESSERT
If you have any leftovers you can store this layered dessert covered in the fridge. Blueberry Lasagna will last in the fridge for up to a week. For best results, don’t let this dessert sit out for too long as the Cool Whip will melt- especially on warm summer days!
CAN YOU FREEZE BLUEBERRY LASAGNA?
You can easily freeze this delicious dessert! I prefer to freeze it in small portions so I can pull out one slice at a time. My trick is to freeze the whole lasagna for about a half-hour so that when I take it out it’s easy to slice and portion out individual pieces. Then I store each slice in a freezer-friendly container that I can pull out and defrost in the fridge the next time I have a craving!
OTHER LAYERED DESSERT RECIPES
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
- Mini Raspberry Mouse Cakes
- Snickers Chocolate Parfait
- Lemon-Lime Layer Cake
- Banana Split Trifle
- Pink Magic Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are moistened. Pour into the baking dish and firmly pack in an even layer to make a crust.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. (about 30 minutes)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth using a hand mixer for about 3 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup of Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and lemon juice to the cream cheese and mix well for another 2 minutes. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Spread into an even layer. Carefully spread the blueberry pie filling evenly overtop of the cream cheese.
- Spoon the remaining Cool Whip over the blueberry layer and spread edge to edge. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with white chocolate curls or white chocolate chips sprinkled on top before cutting into slices.