This summer’s answer to what to drink is simple – Watermelon Moscato Wine Slushie! It’s a cocktail that’s perfect for all your summer parties!
Watermelon is the ideal summer fruit- it’s sweet, cooling and is the perfect ingredient in amazing tasting drinks that are simple to make. Watermelon, Moscato, a little bit of lime and a splash of vodka are all you need to create a summer drink that is a major hit at get-togethers or hanging out on the patio with a friend.
While it seems like we can get most fruits all year round these days, watermelon is still one that is a summertime only treat. I’m totally ok with that because then I can indulge all of my watermelon cravings and not feel bad at all! Sweet, juicy, refreshing watermelon is like summer fuel, keeping us going on really hot days at the lake or while hanging out in the backyard. I especially love Watermelon Moscato Slushies on occasions like the 4th of July, as all our friends are gathered for grilling and fireworks, while our kids run all over the place, having the time of their lives. This drink is festive but so easy to make so we can enjoy it until the last firework showers the sky.
Other Recipes to Serve with Watermelon Moscato Slushie
- Everyone loves a little snack while enjoying time on the patio with a drink so make sure you whip up this easy and amazing Million Dollar Dip! This appetizer is super addictive, you’ve been warned!
- Why not go big with the theme of watermelon and mix up Watermelon Fruit Salsa for everyone to fall in love with?
Fruit: You will need a seedless watermelon and lime. You’re likely to fall in love with this drink so pick up a few more limes, just in case.
Liquor: You will need both your favorite bottle of Moscato wine and vodka.
How to Make Watermelon Moscato Slushies
STEP ONE: The night before or at least a couple of hours before you plan to make this slushie, cube the watermelon and place the cubes in a freezer bag. Freeze the cubes until they are solid.
STEP TWO: Add the frozen watermelon cubes, lime juice, Moscato wine, and vodka to a blender. Pop on the lid and blend until everything is smooth.
STEP THREE: Pour the slushie into glasses and garnish with a small slice of lime or watermelon and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- When the watermelon is cubed and ready to go into the freezer, lay the freezer bag flat, if you can, so that the cubes are easier to pull apart to go in the blender. Using frozen watermelon cubes instead of ice will give this slushie a bigger watermelon flavor, rather than a watered down version.
- If you like thicker slushies then a few ice cubes can be added while blending up the slushie. Add the ice until you get the consistency you like.
- Try using a flavored vodka in this slushie! There are so many flavors available that you are bound to find the perfect combination! Raspberry flavored vodka would be a delicious option or a cucumber flavored vodka, for a totally refreshing slushie.
How do I make a big batch of Watermelon Moscato Slushie?
When making more than two drinks, there are a couple of different ways you could do this. The first is to simply double or triple the amounts when blending and making them in batches, so you don’t overfill your blender. The second way you could do this is by making a couple of batches in the blender ahead of time and then pouring the slushie into a cake pan and freezing it. The alcohol in the mix will keep it from freezing into a solid block and you can simply scrape the amount you want into a cup for a really frosty drink!
What is Moscato Wine?
Moscato wine is an Italian wine, famous for its fruity and floral notes of orange blossoms and peaches. It is a light wine and has a lower alcohol content than other wines. Moscato wine is sweet so it pairs well with desserts but is also perfect when having light appetizers. The sweetness is also ideal for those who don’t care for most wines, and is amazing on its own or mixed into drinks like this Watermelon Moscato Slushie or a beautiful Sangria.
Fill your summer with watermelon love
- Watermelon Mojito
- Watermelon Salad
- Summer Watermelon & Cucumber Salad
- Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade Slushie
- Watermelon Sangria Recipe
- ¼ seedless watermelon
- 1 cup Moscato wine
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 lime juiced
- Remove the rind from the watermelon and cut the flesh into cubes. Place into a gallon-size freezer bag and place flat in the freezer so the fruit is in a single layer. Freeze for at least 4 hours until solid.
- Add the frozen watermelon, wine, vodka, and lime juice to a blender. Cover and blend until slushie.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a piece of watermelon and a lime slice. Serve immediately.
- If you want the slushie thicker, you can add a few ice cubes and blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Using a flavored vodka adds a special twist to the slushie. (Raspberry is delicious!)
- This recipe can easily be doubled as long as your blender is large enough.