I saw Paula Dean make these years ago on the Food Network. I’m not sure the exact recipe anymore I just make the concept of them now. Everyone in my house loves chocolate. We all love dessert but chocolate gets more appreciation. These brownies are more like a Symphony bar sandwich. Have you had a Symphony? The are milk chocolate with toffee and almonds. This recipe takes your favorite brownie recipe then puts a Symphony bar in the middle. CRAZY good.
For Valentine’s Day I like to keep the dessert simple but dressed up. So with these I did a couple things. First I pulled out my heart shaped cookie cutters and had fun. I cut out large rectangles and cut out the center with the cookie cutter. Inside the cutout I put chopped strawberries (the berry of choice with my kids) but you could do raspberries as well. The hearts that were cut out I sprinkled with powdered sugar. I also cut out a paper heart and laid it on a brownie rectangle and sprinkled the powdered sugar over it. I then lifted the paper heart and had the shape of the heart left below. My kids loved the different shapes and had a great time eating all the brownies and berries. My husband was in heaven with the Symphony bar in the center. Give them a shot and let us know what you think. Be careful though a pan goes fast. 🙂
- 2 boxes of brownie mix enough for 2 13" x 9" pans
- 3 XL Symphony Bars or your favorite flat chocolate bar
- Ingredients needed for brownie mixture
- powdered sugar optional
- strawberries optional
- Preheat oven according to brownie box
- Mix first box of brownie batter according to directions on box
- pour into greased 13 x 9 baking pan
- lay out three Symphony bars or other bar on top of batter so they cover most of the pan
- mix second box of brownie and pour on top of bars, making sure to spread evenly
- bake in oven according to box
- top with your favorite topping, strawberries, powdered sugar or both
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!