SPINACH & ARTICHOKE STUFFED MINI PEPPERS are little bites of summer goodness that will make you a star at your next picnic, potluck, or summer barbecue!
One type of dip I have always loved was spinach and artichoke dip. Spinach and artichoke is always so comforting, cheesy, and just delicious. It’s usually an appetizer you can make it in no time and is always loved by all. So why not create an appetizer that is perfect for the summer and lighter in calories. This spinach and artichoke stuffed mini peppers are the perfect finger food appetizer that will be great at any summer party or get together.
The dip still contains the perfect ingredients: cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, fresh spinach, garlic, salt, and pepper. The part that’s a little lighter is serving it inside of a mini sweet pepper instead of dipping a chip into the dip. I will have to say the mini sweet peppers add a great crunchy texture with a flavor twist. In other words, to die for! It’s seriously that good.
Real Housemoms TV
If you are following a low carb diet, then these stuffed mini peppers are perfect for you! The mini sweet peppers are low carb by themselves, and the dip doesn’t contain many carbs at all. If you are sticking to a low-fat diet, I recommend using fat-free cream cheese. I will say fat-free cream cheese isn’t as tasty as full-fat.
If you are looking for a great low carb and keto-friendly desserts, I highly recommend my secret ingredient easy chocolate mousse! It’s incredibly rich, and a little bit goes a long way. It’s another favorite loved by all. Another recipe I recommend trying is my simple caprese zucchini summer “pasta” salad. It screams summer just like this spinach and artichoke stuffed mini peppers.
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers halved and deseeded
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 7 ounces quartered artichoke hearts diced
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line parchment paper on a large baking sheet. Place the mini sweet peppers onto the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and garlic together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using two spoons place the spinach and artichoke dip into the mini sweet peppers.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then broil for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!