I am loving eating yummy pumpkin foods in the fall and Pumpkin French Toast Bake is a new love in my family! We all ate two servings for breakfast and loved every bite!!! Easy casserole recipes are the best!
My son had four baseball games this weekend and we were on the road for four hours, so most of our meals were eaten out or at the field. My son’s team won the Arizona State Championship! It was AMAZING and my boy played AWESOME! It was such an incredible weekend for the team, coaches, and families, and I am so proud of my son and the team! After such a long weekend, I was excited to make a special breakfast for my family on Monday morning! The kids slept in a little longer than usual and woke up to a great breakfast! My kids and husband love french toast, so I knew this was going to be a winner! It was great to prepare the night before and just put in the oven in the morning! Pumpkin French Toast Bake is really tasty, full of awesome fall flavors, and a perfect breakfast for the whole family!
recipe modified from Minimalist Baker
- 1 loaf French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup honey, or agave to serve with french toast (I used maple syrup)
- Fill a lightly greased 9-inch × 13-inch baking dish with 1-inch bread cubes. It will be pretty full.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined
- Pour pumpkin mixture over bread and push down with a spoon or your hands until the bread is soaked and mostly covered with the liquid.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap or lid and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and uncover the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle all over the top of french toast.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and all the french toast bake is set.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. We like to top tour french toast bake with maple syrup or honey.
- Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!