Have a complete meal on the table in less than 20 minutes with this quick and easy Mexican Shrimp Skillet Dinner!
With school back in session, and kid’s activities, and working long hours, you don’t have time to fuss with dinner. However, the family has to eat, and you don’t want to go through the drive-through. This Mexican Shrimp Skillet Dinner is the perfect solution. It is quick, easy, and yummy!
With both Mr. Flavor Mosaic and I working and dealing with long commutes, I make it a habit f keeping some items in the pantry and freezer or refrigerator. I like to always have pasta, enchilada sauce, and shrimp on hand. Even if the shrimp is frozen, it can be thawed in about 5 minutes by running cold water over it. With those items, you have the main ingredients of this fabulous Mexican Shrimp Skillet Dinner.
This dish has become a family favorite with the enchilada sauce and Mexican cheese to flavor the dish. So easy yet so good.
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 3/4 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne optional
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup white Mexican cheese crumbled
- Add oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on one side. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne (optional). Turn the shrimp and cook for another minute or so until the shrimp are pink. Add the enchilada sauce. Stir the shrimp to coat with the sauce and cook until the sauce is heated through. Stir in the pasta and coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with chopped onions and crumble white Mexican cheese over the top.
If you like this dinner, be sure to check out my Bacon Spaghetti Florentine, another skillet recipe.
Another recipe you may like is my Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta.
Leave a Reply